Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League Bailout

Has finally been agreed between the Premier League and Football League

- Championship teams will share £200m so each club gets around £8m, yet as an interest free loan
 - League One and League Two teams will share £50m in grants so we each get just over £1m

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55172426

Comments

• Options
    It’s quite funny, if you look at Twitter it’s full of United fans from Asia fuming at the decision. 
  • Options
    We get 1m, don't we lose more than that every month?
  • Options
    So we'll lose less.
  • Options
    Bet Elliot and the tooth accounting man are eyeing up that £375,000 already.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    We get 1m, don't we lose more than that every month?
    It wouldn’t be fair if the grants/loans were based on each clubs losses though, otherwise Derby and Wednesday will fiddle the books again and end up being paid £50m each. 
    But surely Derby are due to sell their ground yet again and clear their debts?
  • Options
    Premier league only offered up 15m of the 200m loan. 

League one and two only get I think 20 million then 30 if required further down the line. Or maybe the other way round.

Sure Rochdale said they were only getting 375k which was 2 months costs for them. 

This is no bailout, this is simply papering of the cracks, and about 6 months too late. 

I wonder what over hidden agreements have been made with the Premier League. 
  • Options
    With a bit of luck it might help some clubs from going bust.  
  • Options

League one and two only get I think 20 million then 30 if required further down the line. Or maybe the other way round.

Sure Rochdale said they were only getting 375k which was 2 months costs for them

This is no bailout, this is simply papering of the cracks, and about 6 months too late. 

@ForeverAddickted has put a tweet a few posts above with a breakdown, all League 1 clubs are getting 375k all league 2 clubs are getting 250k non repayable plus there is another £35M in grants for league 1 and League 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sure Rochdale said they were only getting 375k which was 2 months costs for them

@ForeverAddickted has put a tweet a few posts above with a breakdown, all League 1 clubs are getting 375k all league 2 clubs are getting 250k non repayable plus there is another £35M in grants for league 1 and League 2
    Yeah cheers mate, was just making comment that the 375k was only two months costs for a club like Rochdale. 

But don't think the 35m is guaranteed though. 

Just a massive disparity between the values given to clubs. 

What's the penalty if a championship club doesn't pay back the loan. 12 points suspended for 2 years or some bollocks like 
  • Options

Yeah cheers mate, was just making comment that the 375k was only two months costs for a club like Rochdale. 

But don't think the 35m is guaranteed though. 

Just a massive disparity between the values given to clubs. 

What's the penalty if a championship club doesn't pay back the loan. 12 points suspended for 2 years or some bollocks like 
    The EFL doesn't even penalise shamelessly crooked overspending and attendant dishonesty - it ain't gonna be penalising any clubs that play fast and loose with these trifling sums, is it?
  • Options
    I'm hearing that if the full repayments aren't made by Championship clubs by the end of 2024 then as the January 2025 window opens the Premier League clubs are allowed to rape & pillage the offending clubs by hoovering up any players they would like for nothing. 

I could be making this up mind you.......but remember who the top cheese is of the EFL.
  • Options
    any contributions are welcome