Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    That seems to only affect those clubs seeking the second "additional" amount

The Premier League have committed to giving the bottom two divisions £15m up front, with clubs in League One and Two receiving minimum payments of £375,000 and £250,000 respectively. Another £15m will be distributed using a formula based on lost gate receipts up to December 31 this year.
    A further £20m will be made available for clubs in the greatest financial need via a so-called monitored grant, which will be controlled by a joint Premier League and EFL panel and be subject to strict conditions.
    Sportsmail has learned that any club in receipt of an additional grant will be unable to pay a transfer fee for one window and will face a cap on fees of £20,000 in League One and £10,000 in League Two until the end of next season. Moreover, all clubs with at least 22 first-team players will only be able to make free transfers if an existing player leaves and if the new player’s wages do not exceed 75 per cent of those of the player he is replacing. 
  • Options
    So what happens if you turn down the grant?
  • Options
    "Moreover, all clubs with at least 22 first-team players will only be able to make free transfers if an existing player leaves and if the new player’s wages do not exceed 75 per cent of those of the player he is replacing."

Does that mean ALL clubs, or all clubs that take the additional grant? 
  • Options
    So we won't be getting the striker we want and need come January.
  • Options
    So what happens if you turn down the grant?
    Then we can do what we like under existing limits 
  • Options
    So we won't be getting the striker we want and need come January.
    We don't need so sub from the Premier league though so should be fine. 
  • Options
    But if a misleading thread title!
  • Options
    Only going to be those clubs that take the extra monitored grant that will be under the transfer restrictions as I read it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    MattF said:
    Only going to be those clubs that take the extra monitored grant that will be under the transfer restrictions as I read it
    Also if we do take the extra grant then we'll only be able to spend £20k on transfers until the end of the 2022 season.

In a way this is almost how the furlough scheme should have been done in a similar fashion

If you're desperate for the cash then thats fine we'll give it to you but there will be concessions in the future, its unfortuate but it stops clubs who dont need the cash from taking advantage of the situation
  • Options
    I suppose a few clubs (such as ourselves),  will consider if we are better off taking the grant or buying a player or two?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I suppose a few clubs (such as ourselves),  will consider if we are better off taking the grant or buying a player or two?
    Absolutely zero need for us to take the grant, would you borrow from wonga, just because the offer is there ? 
  • Options
    I'd be very surprised if we take the extra grant, we're already going to get a larger chunk of the second £15million because of our attendances last season
  • Options
    I don't think it'll affect us

The only aspect which seems slightly unfair is that it doesn't take until account player sales. If a club sell 3 players for 300k, 500k and 150k it would seem harsh that because they took the extra grant they wouldn't be allowed to spend more than 20k
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Absolutely zero need for us to take the grant, would you borrow from wonga, just because the offer is there ? 
    It’s a grant rather than a loan though, isn’t it?
  • Options
    What about loan signings? - We can still make a sixth loan or we can send Dylan Levitt back to Man Utd.

Wont be surprised if we dont extend Josh Davison's loan @ Woking

To be honest I'm struggling to argue with it... Bit of a slap in the face to the Premier League by saying we desperately need your help to survive, getting a grant and then splashing it on signings, thats not what the money is there for - If you say, "Oh well we'll use our own money for signings" then the clubs shouldnt need outside help
    We can have as many loanees as we like - the restriction is 5 in the matchday squad, making more than 5 largely pointless - like Matt Smith and David Davis last season
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    What about loan signings? - We can still make a sixth loan or we can send Dylan Levitt back to Man Utd.

Wont be surprised if we dont extend Josh Davison's loan @ Woking

To be honest I'm struggling to argue with it... Bit of a slap in the face to the Premier League by saying we desperately need your help to survive, getting a grant and then splashing it on signings, thats not what the money is there for - If you say, "Oh well we'll use our own money for signings" then the clubs shouldnt need outside help
    We can have as many loanees as we like - the restriction is 5 in the matchday squad, making more than 5 largely pointless - like Matt Smith and David Davis last season
    Nope we can only have six loans... Five can be in the matchday squad - Reason we went to six loans last year was because Sam Field had just gotten a recurance of his injury so we got the sixth loan in just in case he wasnt available for the rest of the season
  • Options
    What's this going to do to national league clubs?  They must be desperate for cash as well and now they won't be able to raise it by flogging players to league 1 and 2.
  • Options
    the player 'churn' in the NL etc is usually very high .. this will disrupt a lot of plans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we're unlikely to have much competition for that non league winger (or any other player at that level) if we go back for him in January. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:
    It’s a grant rather than a loan though, isn’t it?
    Either way, we don't need it, especially if it all but bans us from buying players for a year