Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paolo Rossi RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Brazil V Italy in 82 was one of the best games i've ever seen. RIP Paolo
  • Options
    RIP.

Brazil only needed to draw the game to go through.
  • Options
    Remember getting drawn Italy in the pool at work for that World Cup. At the time their form was not great so did not fancy my chances however Rossi hit great form and ended up as the golden boot winner and winning the whole thing. 64 way too young. RIP Paolo I will never forget you. 
  • Options
    Fabulous finisher in his prime. RIP Paolo. 
  • Options
    I've got the ABC & Simple Minds albums, although not seen/played them for 35 years.
  • Options
    Saw Rossi score in the first minute for Juventus at Aston Villa in the European Cup. Villa never touched the ball from the kick off. Juve worked it from right to left into the left corner, Bettega fired in a cross on the turn and Rossi was too quick for the Villa defenders. The ball was in the net before anyone moved. He was the best finisher in the world in the early eighties.
  • Options
    Rossi was one of my favourite players from 78 WC. In 82 he scored a hat trick in one of the best games I've ever seen and went on to win it. 
    RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    His home was burgled yesterday during his funeral.

There is not a word I can use to describe these people.
  • Options

Italian?
  • Options

Scousers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scousers 
    Funny as f*** Rambo.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Another name from the past , 1982 World Cup was a thing of beauty, when I was an 11 year old totally in love with football  , we even wanted Scotland to win back then , what a goal David Narey !
    Paolo Rossi broke our hearts beating the footballing gods of Brazil , Zico , Socrates , Falcao and co 

RIP Paolo 
    But it did lead to one of the greatest goal celebrations ever in the final. 
    Beats Alan "Raise One Hand" Shearer into a cocked hat.