Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dame Barbara Windsor RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    First name I associate with the 'Carry On' films.
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP Barbara. A sad day, but maybe horrible though it is, a release for her and her family. It's been said before  but dementia is pitiless, terrible disease. Thanks for the memories Dame Barbara.
  • Options
    She had a very sexy chuckle...RIP
  • Options
    RIP Dame Barbara.
  • Options
    RIP Babs
  • Options
    A far better actress than some might give her credit for.
    Had that natural uniqueness that was used as the bedrock of many of her well known roles (like Hugh Grant often only playing Hugh Grant). Had a warmth people responded to, and that skill that made something really quite difficult look easy.
    Rightfully a 'national treasure'.
    RIP Dame Barbara.
  • Options
    RIP - what a horrible horrible disease 
  • Options
    RIP Dame  Barbara. Many laughs in the Carry On Films. Get AAHT of my pub!
  • Options
    So sad, I grew up with the carry on films.
    Dementia is a horrible illness it took my mum as well.

RIP Dame Barbara.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As others have mentioned, I've lost some dear family members to this horrible illness.

Carry On was a bit before my time, will forever know her as Peggy Mitchell and the classic 'Get out of my pub!' phrase.

May she rest in peace.

• Options
    anyone ever meet her?

always imagined her to be just as nice and warm off screen and away from the limelight 
  • Options
    It's quite astonishing how many people on this thread have been affected by dementia in close family - the figures seem far higher than you would expect. 

My heart really goes out to her husband - it must have been awful for him.

I really hope research can do something. My Mum is suffering with Alzheimer's and it is a painful watch.

• Options
    RIP Babs.
  • Options
    anyone ever meet her?

always imagined her to be just as nice and warm off screen and away from the limelight 

One of my relatives worked with her Aunt for many years and apparently yes, she was just as nice.
  • Options
    London Legend ... R I P
  • Options
    anyone ever meet her?

My old man did, back when they both mixed with some dodgy characters. One of the lads was how he described her, down to earth and would chat to anyone and as nice off screen as she was on
  • Options
    I don't usually comment on RIP threads but now it's two in a week after Peter Alliss' death.

What a great actress both in film and on TV, and a great person away from the lens.

A thought too for her husband, Scott, who looked after her throughout her battle with dementia right to the end.

May she rest in peace and we be rid of this horrible disease that blights so many families.
  • Options
    A true national treasure and icon of her times. 

I bet she had a good old life and could tell a tale or two from back in the day when she knocked around with a lot of the old London "faces". Always came across as pretty grounded and genuine whenever I saw her interviewed. 

God bless her. RIP Babs. x
  • Options
    anyone ever meet her?

Yep.
    She used to do lots of charity stuff with the Post Office in the 80’s.
    My boyfriends step dad at the time worked with them and took us along to a few gigs.
    My undying memory was how quiet and titchy tiny she was. She’d not long married a chap who was clearly much younger than her and to my teenage eye, she felt a little bit uncomfortable about it.
    This was well before she got the Eastenders gig and was still very much trying to be Carry on Babs.
    But she was lovely and looked beautiful.

Very very sad.
    RIP Dame Barbara and thank you 💞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    RIP.

Can't wait for 2020 to end.
    You and me both