Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Byrne American Utopia

Not really for on here but it’s the only social media I do.  I have been trying since yesterday to get the digital download for this but can’t. I am a bit of a thick dinosaur though. Anyone help or know what I’m on about?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Hi what platform are you trying to download it from?
    A quick look on https://davidbyrne.com/shop gives the options as streaming on Spotify or iTunes or purchase on Amazon or Apple Music. 
    It's also available at  Bandcamp as a purchased download https://davidbyrne.bandcamp.com/album/american-utopia-on-broadway-original-cast-recording
    (Bandcamp as an option means more money goes to the artist). 
    If you have an account at any of these it ought to be straightforward, but I appreciate you might not. If you purchase through any of these (Amazon, Apple or Bandcamp) you'll also be able to stream it from that app. If you've not got an account at any of them you'll need to sign up for one to download. 

(Looks interesting BTW). 

Edit: just realised that it's probably the movie format you mean. Google has it from £3.49
    https://play.google.com/store/movies/details?id=aYaSIgPCUm0.P

• Options
    Nice one thanks mate. Just about to look up what you said and turned my telly on and it was right in front of me on Sky to buy for £7. I am beyond excited. I saw him do this at the O2 and it was one of the most amazing shows I’ve ever seen. It’s brilliant.
  • Options
    I love David Byrne. You wouldn’t catch him doing a Christmas song. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    AshBurton said:
    I love David Byrne. You wouldn’t catch him doing a Christmas song. 
    Too bloody right @AshBurton

I really enjoyed American Utopia, I've got a lot of time for David Byrne.
  • Options
    An a an amazing, original stage and set up. You’ll never see a gig like it. No fixed band positions, choreography, theatre and all with David Byrnes best solo stuff and a set full of Talking Heads crackers. Including my 2 favourites Born Under Punches and Life During Wartime.  I always regretted not seeing TH but this more than made up for it.
  • Options
    I saw this tour twice....first time around at Hammersmith Apollo and then again at the O2 about a year later...just awesome...
  • Options
    I saw this tour twice....first time around at Hammersmith Apollo and then again at the O2 about a year later...just awesome...
    same as that mate. Took my breath away. 
  • Options
    Listening now, enjoying it. I tend to not even look at things in big venues but this sounds like the sort of thing that could work well and I'll keep an eye out for if it ever comes back. 

I was due to see Angelique Kidjo's version of Remain in Light at a festival this year, I'm not entirely convinced by the record, but hope it comes back for the rescheduled date. I suspect it will be better live.