Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon v Charlton | Sat 19 Dec | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Just watched this week's press conference which was akin to watching paint that's already dried. Goodness grief, I need a drink.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    One thing that struck me with this weeks press conference, was a subtle change from last week. Bowyer seemed to react to the criticism last week and seemed a bit more positive. I thought he would have carried that on after our second half against Wimbledon, but I got a sense that if you had told him he had won the lottery he'd find a negative to it. Sandgaard was optimistic about what could be achieved in the window, Bowyer played it down.

The only positive I got from him was him praising our first half performance against Wimbledon. What I really wanted to hear was the players are really starting to come together for the big push for promotion. Having a game postponed gives us some extra rest, more ability to prepare and a chance to try some more things in training etc...

Lighten up Lee. Our second half performance against Wimbledon was our best for a while. Let's get a bit of confidence/arrogance going within the squad.
  • Options
    4-2 CAFC.
    The promotion push cements another brick in the escape tunnel. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    CafcSCP said:
    They’ve got the worst defence in the league! 3 or 4 goals for us 
    1-0 to them then
  • Options
    Can we string two good performances together?

• Options
    You can feel the buzz of excitement and interest in this thread as match time approaches 
    Charlton is for Christmas as well as your whole life , let’s be having ya 
  • Options
    Great preview @ForeverAddickted as mentioned many times, always enjoy sharing the duties with you and reading your take on the game with your previews. I now don’t have a preview to write for another 3 weeks or something like that. Have a great Christmas!

Regarding today, I think that this must be treated with the same respect as playing away at Portsmouth or Hull or whoever. If we do that and are ready, we’ll get the result we need.

Would love to see Williams and Aneke start, considering they’ve had a week to prepare now and will have a week between this and the next, and then the next again afterwards.

If Williams starts, I hope it’s on the left of the diamond but with the license to make it two number 10s alongside Maddison, like the second half against Wimbledon. That way it pushes Maatsen further forward and we also have players closer to the front two.

Amos
    Gunter Pratley Pearce Maatsen
    Watson
    F-Caskey Williams
    Maddison
    Aneke Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Oshilaja, Purrington, Levitt, Gilbey, Bogle

Swindon Town 0-3 Charlton Athletic
    Aneke
    Washington
    Maddison
  • Options
    Not hugely, but I'm a little surprised how many favour Prately to Oshilaja at CB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Not hugely, but I'm a little surprised how many favour Prately to Oshilaja at CB.
    For me, it’s only because if Oshilaja comes in, that will make 4 different partnerships at centre back in the last 4 games. You can’t keep changing such an important position all the time. We have of course been forced to, but whilst we can, I’d keep it for the time being.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    If anyone can turn Swindons form around, it's Charlton
    Ha, ha. This is so true. Maybe we just notice it more but it seems if you want to break a losing run or a dry spell as a striker - we're your man!

Speaking of which how long is it since Pitman scored? He's one of those that always seems to find the net against us.

1-1. 
  • Options
    Important to win this one. Its great having games in hand but we don't need to be putting pressure on our selves by relying on them. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Ha, ha. This is so true. Maybe we just notice it more but it seems if you want to break a losing run or a dry spell as a striker - we're your man!

Speaking of which how long is it since Pitman scored? He's one of those that always seems to find the net against us.

1-1. 
    Pitman has never scored against us
  • Options
    MattF said:

1-1. 
    Wow? Really? Christ, who am I thinking of then.

You know it's going to happen now right? 
  • Options
    MattF said:

1-1. 
    Wow? Really? Christ, who am I thinking of then.

You know it's going to happen now right? 
    Yup... Fernando Morientes is the legend I'll always think of with regards to that scoring record!!
  • Options
    Jesus.....that's a stat and a half.

Although not true as it seems they lost the first home match they played on 19th Dec back in 1896.
  • Options
    Jesus.....that's a stat and a half.

Although not true as it seems they lost the first home match they played on 19th Dec back in 1896.
    Glad to see they turned it round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends who wants Christmas off a la Danny Mills / John Terry.
  • Options
    Superb preview again @ForeverAddickted

I have a good feeling about Maddison scoring today. Will go for a 3-1 win for us. 

• Options
    edited December 2020
    In the words of Muhammad Ali two chances "slim and none and slim just left town" :)
  • Options
    Excellent review. Worth noting that Wellens chose to leave Swindon (to go to the moneybags of Salford, who are also nearer home for him) rather than being sacked

Yet another encounter with John Sheridan, weird to think that the St Andrews play off match was 33 years ago. It's surprising that someone who had a decent playing career for Leeds, Wednesday and Ireland has made his career as a lower league manager
  • Options
    Obviously waiting on the starting 11 and fully expecting the usual 1 or 2 LB curveballs thrown into the starting selection but really hoping MM starts again. I see a comfortable 2 or 3-0 victory today. If we dont start winning these should win games I think it will come back to bite us 😁
  • Options
     Easy to forget how good Burton was at this level. With a decent partner he'd have looked unreal.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     Easy to forget how good Burton was at this level. With a decent partner he'd have looked unreal.
    If Parky had been able to sign BWP to play alongside Burton, we might have gone up that season as a decent goalscorer was all we lacked
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    4-2 CAFC.
    The promotion push cements another brick in the escape tunnel. 
    A brick in the tunnel. So you're predicting a 4-2 defeat.
  • Options
    edited December 2020