Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ched Evans sacked by Fleetwood

13»

Comments

• Options

When asked why she believes Ched, Natasha, the director of her father's jewellry business said:

"He couldn’t. I mean the only people who think Ched is a rapist are people who haven’t met him. He’s a big softie. Everyone who knows Ched can see why I’ve stood by him.

I know he can be an idiot, and he behaved appallingly, no doubt about that, but rape? No. He hasn’t got it in him."

• Options
    'Big Softie', who had previous while at Man City, shooting landlady in the face with air gun!
  • Options
    Have any of our Welsh Internationals ever made any statements about Evans? You'd imagine Gunter and Matthews being similar ages know him pretty well.
  • Options
    Have any of our Welsh Internationals ever made any statements about Evans? You'd imagine Gunter and Matthews being similar ages know him pretty well.
    I would be very surprised if any of them went in record. Most agents would surely advise to keep heads down and mouths shut, it's not worthwhile getting dragged into the situation.

Which is not to say they do not have opinions at all but I don't see it being sensible on their part to comment on legal matters about another player.
  • Options
    It really is bizarre. I'm quite sure that if you cheated on your girlfriend then her Dad would probably want to do you some harm, not spend thousands of pounds trying to help you out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anymore been said officially about his "sacking"?

Fleetwood chairman or OS made a statement?

Great summary by @Garrymanilow BTW
  • Options
    Going to Preston until the end of the season apparently
  • Options
    Has Ched Evans actually gone?  Thought he'd been released but the Preston links say a loan?

Might stay now.
  • Options
    Sounds like something bad must have happened there. Fleetwood are actually doing pretty well. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Sounds like something bad must have happened there. Fleetwood are actually doing pretty well. 
    They employed Joey Barton and Ched Evans?
    It was never going to end in roses was it?!
  • Options
    Has Ched Evans actually gone?  Thought he'd been released but the Preston links say a loan?

Might stay now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55545761

Confirmed loan deal
  • Options
    'Big Softie', who had previous while at Man City, shooting landlady in the face with air gun!

The story I read was shooting the Landlady's son in the leg. 

After reading Garry Manilow's story just like Joey Barton who is a nasty piece of work, Ched Evans deserves no sympathy, but the young woman does even if no crime was committed. A man may sleep around and he's Jack the lad and yet a woman is called a slut by some. 

A terrible story from start to finish for so many reasons.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

After reading Garry Manilow's story just like Joey Barton who is a nasty piece of work, Ched Evans deserves no sympathy, but the young woman does even if no crime was committed. A man may sleep around and he's Jack the lad and yet a woman is called a slut by some. 

Generally your comments re Jack the lad and sluts are correct but in this case, I’ve never read anything degrading about the girl.
  • Options

Might stay now.

Confirmed loan deal
    Bet Preston fans are delighted. 
  • Options

Generally your comments re Jack the lad and sluts are correct but in this case, I’ve never read anything degrading about the girl.
    There was a lot out there.

Some were even convicted of releasing her name whilst trashing her on social media.

His own 'defence' website (whilst not naming her) sailed at the least very close to the wind on victim blaming.

There were no charges as a result of this but it gives you an idea on the website:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/16/ched-evans-website-investigation-identification-rape-victim
  • Options

Might stay now.

Confirmed loan deal
    Bet Preston fans are delighted. 
    If it means we are in with a shout of getting Jayden Stockley I'm quite happy