Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn - Best since 1623, won't be as good again until 2080.

Tonight, if the clouds clear, in the west just after sunset, you'll be able to see Jupiter and Saturn so close they'll look like a double planet.  There's loads of articles about this on the web, here's one: https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/great-jupiter-saturn-conjunction-dec-21-2020

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Tonight, if the clouds clear, in the west just after sunset, you'll be able to see Jupiter and Saturn so close they'll look like a double planet.  There's loads of articles about this on the web, here's one: https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/great-jupiter-saturn-conjunction-dec-21-2020
    That’s a big if!
  • Options
    If they don't clear we will just have to hand on for the next one!
  • Options
    Cloubeb over two hours before, but I saw both planets st the same time the night before in the telescope. That'll have to do.
  • Options
    If they don't clear we will just have to hand on for the next one!
    Cloubeb over two hours before, but I saw both planets st the same time the night before in the telescope. That'll have to do.
    Been drinking, both?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Clear skies where i live.  A friend invited me over to view this through his telescope.  Fascinating view with moons and rings clearly visible.  He then moved on to a view of the half-moon.  It was almost like looking at a photo.  But then, he has spent as much on his telescope as i spend on my car!
  • Options
    Clear skies where i live.  A friend invited me over to view this through his telescope.  Fascinating view with moons and rings clearly visible.  He then moved on to a view of the half-moon.  It was almost like looking at a photo.  But then, he has spent as much on his telescope as i spend on my car!
    I hope you've got an old banger that cost about £1,000 rather than something like a Mercedes or Tesla? ;)
  • Options
    Fuck .. missed it .. I'll just have to hang on for another 60 years !  B):)
  • Options
    I hope you've got an old banger that cost about £1,000 rather than something like a Mercedes or Tesla? ;)
    You seem to know my car :)