Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Finding old threads (Art)?

There was a thread on here maybe a year or so ago discussing the merits/interpretation of Art.

The original poster had uploaded a couple of images that he/she had seen somewhere and was discussing whether the were ‘Art’ or not or indeed what qualified them as ‘Art’

I've tried searching for ‘Art’ but everything but the thread comes up?

Can anyone remember the thread title, before I perhaps start another?

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Find it easier searching via. Google for CharltonLife threads, e.g. "Art CharltonLife"

Is it this one?

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/34689/art-appreciation-thread-formally-starry-night/
  • edited December 2020
    Find it easier searching via. Google for CharltonLife threads, e.g. "Art CharltonLife"

Is it this one?

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/34689/art-appreciation-thread-formally-starry-night/
    No, I don’t think that’s the one.

If I remember correctly the images uploaded were framed ‘luggage/parcel labels with string’
    cant remember if there was writing on the labels or not?

Thanks for the suggestion @ForeverAddickted
  • edited December 2020
    I started a thread years ago about collecting art, got some grief about it being middle class and never bothered again 🤣. Ironically lots of my working class mates are now upper middle class millionaires from collecting Banksy lol 
  • There was a thread on here maybe a year or so ago discussing the merits/interpretation of Art.

The original poster had uploaded a couple of images that he/she had seen somewhere and was discussing whether the were ‘Art’ or not or indeed what qualified them as ‘Art’

I think that was me. The luggage labels were £500 or something like that. I can’t remember the name of the thread so start another one.
  • edited December 2020
    There was a thread on here maybe a year or so ago discussing the merits/interpretation of Art.

I think that was me. The luggage labels were £500 or something like that. I can’t remember the name of the thread so start another one.
    If you click on your Profile, you should have a "Discussions" tab to the left which'll show you the threads you've created

Of course might be difficult to find if you've created a lot in the past

Edit: Here you go... https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84117/art#latest
  • shine166 said:
    I started a thread years ago about collecting art, got some grief about it being middle class and never bothered again 🤣. Ironically lots of my working class mates are now upper middle class millionaires from collecting Banksy lol 
    Here you are Shine. Sadly all the links are messed up as was as sure URLs were slightly different then

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/46097/anyone-here-collect-art/p1
  • There was a thread on here maybe a year or so ago discussing the merits/interpretation of Art.

It was me

just called Art.
  • edited December 2020

It was me

just called Art.
    Yes, that’s the one, thanks @Baldybonce

I did search ‘Art’ but your thread didn’t come up?

I’m out so I’ll have to comment later?