Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Sanchez

Will be interesting to see how Fulham get on this season. A number of us were putting his name forward after Dowie, but nothing come of it.

Since then he kept Fulham up, and the buys he has made so far, Baird, Hughes, Davis, Kamara and Konch are all solid, steady buys. They will all do a job and give Fulham a lot more steel and British backbone, particularly with Bullard coming back.

Looks like Fulham will finally get away from being a side of overpriced fancy dan's with little heart.

Comments

• Options
    He kept them up with a win against Liverpool's reserve side. Jury very much still out IMHO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Will be interesting to see how Fulham get on this season. A number of us were putting his name forward after Dowie, but nothing come of it.

Since then he kept Fulham up, and the buys he has made so far, Baird, Hughes, Davis, Kamara and Konch are all solid, steady buys. They will all do a job and give Fulham a lot more steel and British backbone, particularly with Bullard coming back.

Looks like Fulham will finally get away from being a side of overpriced fancy dan's with little heart.

Notice you didn't mention their coach ; -)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]He kept them up with a win against Liverpool's reserve side. Jury very much still out IMHO.

do you not think he has bought fairly solidly ?
  • Options
    It's all Les Reed not Sanchez, i can't believe we let him go without giving him a chance.

I still think we'll rue that decision
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]He kept them up with a win against Liverpool's reserve side. Jury very much still out IMHO.[/quote]

do you not think he has bought fairly solidly ?[/quote]

Agreed they're different characters but Coleman's team had a surprisingly high work rate. It was the one thing that they had going for them and it got them last minute results in several key games (sometimes with the help of the officials of course). It seems to me Sanchez has exchanged one type of mediocrity for another. You may well be proved right however but I was surprised how poorly they played when he came in at the end of last season. They were bloody lucky to come up against a soft Scouse team at home.
  • Options
    Sanchez is the most over-rated manager in World football. Period!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Sanchez is the most over-rated manager in World football. Period!
    ha ha ha
  • Options
    Alright then. He took Northern Ireland to top of his WCQ group, with 1 good result (beating Spain).

He had 1 good cup run with Wycombe.

He lost 5 out of 6 games with Fulham, achieved safety with a win over Liverpools reserves.

He's a very lucky manager to be where he is.
  • Options
    I think Coleman would have had a better season thatn Sanchez will given £20m like Sanchez has been.

Only kept them up becuse LIverpool played a reserve side, but is for some reason then given the job full time.
  • Options
    Well worth a bet to be the first manager sacked this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paying £1.5m for David Healy looks good business when compared with the £5m Sunderland have paid for Chopra.
  • Options
    Sanchez has spent 18k so far, much more than coleman was ever given. Will be interesting to see how they fair in the 1st 6 games.
    Could be sackability detail?
  • Options
    18K? That's not much...
  • Options
    About what we pay Marcus for a week out clubbing......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Paying £1.5m for David Healy looks good business when compared with the £5m Sunderland have paid for Chopra.

yeah but he paid £6m for kamara who is shite