Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads 2020 - Kids up yet?

edited December 2020 in Not Sports Related
Here’s hoping for a better year for them.

Comments

• Options
    5.45 same as every day.

I was awake pretty much all night and one of them went a loo at 3 and I was fearing the worst, but fortunately he went back to bed!
  • Options
    3.30 our decided to start the day.... this is exactly why you need access to grandparents at Christmas 😅
  • Options
    My boy finally went to sleep at about 03.30. Determined to wait up for Santa. Santa delivered at 04.00. Santa is now awake and on CL, my boy is Zzzzzzz. :|
  • Options
    No kids but my cat was demanding her breakfast at 6.45.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Woke my whole family up for presents and bucks fizz at 5.30am... Probably a little old for this at 27 but I don't care. Best day of the year hands down
    Nice one #CAFCsayer, enjoy !!
  • Options
    Kids (4 & 2) still in bed - good lads 
  • Options
    mine are 17 and 20 - it completely reverses when they get to that age - i'm awake and will be waiting for them to wake up for hours now - a quick - socially distanced - present drop to my mum and dad then a day of eating, drinking, films, cards and chess ahead - could be worse  (oh and maybe a rate my plate submission - lets see how it turns out as i'm not normally head chef on christmas day!!!))
  • Options
    My son (5) is somehow still asleep. His bedroom door was wide open so he must have got up, thought it was the middle of the night and got in to a deep sleep. When he was 2 he slept in til about 9:30, must have been the last child in the country to wake up.

My daughter (3) is up and was happily playing in her bedroom. She’s just asked to go downstairs but I think that’s more about routine, I don’t think she’s expecting a pile of presents to open.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 am was about the latest me and my brother ever lasted before waking the whole house up - earliest was when i caught my dad erecting a goal net around my bed at about 1.30am !!
  • Options
    A lie in till 8;30, bliss!!!
  • Options
    Bit weird this year.  CatJnr is doing his first ever holiday shift at the local hospital tonight.  We’re not expecting him to rise until about 3pm and we’ll have the turkey about 4
  • Options
    Probably the last year I'll be able to get away with this

Got to lie in until 8:30 - Reckon with him turning 3 in February he'll start getting more eager
  • Options
    My 7 year old is still asleep!
  • Options
    Youngest up just before 7, eldest up at 9.
  • Options
    10 and 7 year olds. 

Eldest got up at 650 and went downstairs. Thought he would wake up his brother and us but he didn’t ( even though we were awake) 
    Youngest went down at 730. 

They came and got us just after 8 

the boys did well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably the last year I'll be able to get away with this

Got to lie in until 8:30 - Reckon with him turning 3 in February he'll start getting more eager
    That's a good lie in for a two year old! Ours was up at 6.45 which is decent for him. His younger brother woke at 3.45 but always goes back to sleep thankfully. 
  • Options
    Up at 03:00 AM being very sick over everything and everyone, after about two hours of vomit and crying crashed again until 10:00.

Merry Christmas to me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    7am was the agreed time between everyone except me, I have no say .
    The 8-10-12 year olds were up and the 14 year old had to be nudged as did I cos I turned off the 6.15 alarm (to give me 45 mins khazi time) rather than snooze or use it .
    The younger two are usually up earlier but a later viewing of Elf on Christmas Eve delayed them .