Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Threads 2020 - Christmas Dinner

So it’s all very different this year.

Any Addicks around the globe still fortunate enough to have a non-Covid impacting day?
Closer to home, who is home alone, or managing to achieve normality through a bubble arrangement?
Who’s cooking and what you serving up?
Anybody saying f*** it, and completely avoiding the traditional dinner this year?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Going with roast salmon and all the trimmings that don't in way way go with roast salmon
  • Options
    Got my mum round with us but obviously the other half's family can't come so harder for her. She's doing all the cooking this time, probably helps take her mind off it. Pretty traditional roast (plus yorkshires obviously) Will try to take a photo this time if I remember.
  • Options
    Home alone after my trip to the Isle of Wight was cancelled by Boris. As it's a Friday I'm going the traditional route and having scampi and chips later! Will eat turkey and sprouts with my Dad at Easter hopefully. 
  • Options
    Ballotine of Chicken, Herb Mash, Chestnuts, Red Wine Jus with Mushrooms

Going for something different 
  • Options
    Was going to just do a burger with my fiancee, but ended up buying everything, just the two of us. 

Basically going to be a normal big roast, but with enough turkey for 8. 
  • Options
    Curry from Diwana in West Wickham, delivered yesterday evening as they are shut today.
  • Options
    I am down my mum's with my family, first Christmas without my Dad. Delivered the presents and dropped off the turkey yesterday, seeing her house ready for our invasion without my Dad was hard. Crikey I miss the grumpy old sod.
  • Options
    Got roast beef later but having it with Dauphinoise potatoes, sugarsnap peas and pigs in blankets instead, can't be arsed with all the furore around the whole Christmas dinner as it's just me and the wife this year, had Zoom calls with both sides of the family this morning which whilst it was nice to see them, isn't the same as enjoying a full day together for the festivities
  • Options
    Making the best of things with calls to Hamburg Beijing Shannon and Maida Vale.
    Hope things get better for everybody.
    100% Vegan Christmas Dinner. Awaiting fresh fruit salad before the Christmas Pudding and mince pies and coffee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keeping to all the rules here and have to say as we sat down for lunch (we being me, the wife and 2 kids) I really started feeling it. No family, no dad, thinking of my mum who we
    lost 8 years ago. Father in law ill with cancer at home alone with the MIL.

Like so many of us, it felt all of a sudden a bit shit, and welled up a bit if I’m honest 
    @da@DamoNorthStand felt exactly the same mate. Weird how the dinner, the bit when you’re normally all together, was the trigger. 
  • Options
    8pm curfew here, lifted last night for one night only. If they deem this serious enough to control people on Christmas DAY, I personally cant see why it was okay to go where you wanted last night....
  • Options
    Curry from Diwana in West Wickham, delivered yesterday evening as they are shut today.
    Ha.  Similar.  Just me and the mrs so we ordered tons of Chinese y’day and are going to tuck in in about an hour.  

It’s been that sort of year