Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Blake is dead

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Grateful at least that he had nearly 30 years to chew on the failure of the ideology he betrayed this country for. 
  • https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/british-cold-war-double-agent-104905151.html?__twitter_impression=true

Ironically, not long after John le Carre, who was obsessed with him.
    Ironic 
  • RIP.  Let's hope you had ample time to mull over the casualties and consequences of your traitorous actions because of slavish devotion to a failed and corrupt ideology.
  • Wasnt he one of the Cambridge lot along with Kim Philbey? 
  • I would have willingly put a bullet into each and everyone of them, given the chance.
  • I spy with my little eye...
  • What a life though.
  • RIP.  Let's hope you had ample time to mull over the casualties and consequences of your traitorous actions because of slavish devotion to a failed and corrupt ideology.
    Capitalism?
  • Blake should of hung.
  • Blake should of hung.
    Spies get shot, not hung. 
    *hanged
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have willingly put a bullet into each and everyone of them, given the chance.
    We play the game, they play the game. 
  • Uboat said:
    RIP.  Let's hope you had ample time to mull over the casualties and consequences of your traitorous actions because of slavish devotion to a failed and corrupt ideology.
    Capitalism?
    Oh dear, they've arrived!
  • Why do the news channels even give it the time of day? Should have ignored it completely.
  • R I H .. rot in hell
  • "an outstanding professional of special courage and life endurance

Throughout the years of his hard and strenuous efforts he made a truly invaluable contribution to ensuring the strategic parity and the preservation of peace on the planet.

Our hearts will always cherish the warm memory of this legendary man."

If it takes you more than one guess who said this eulogy you may need to stop watching soap operas.

• Out of interest, do people hate him because he betrayed his country or because he betrayed our country? Are Russian defectors also vermin? 
  • He gave secrets to a brutal, oppressive, totalitarian regime, he gave the names of MI6 agents to the Soviets, leading in some cases to their capture, torture and death.

This whataboutery and false equivence is pathetic.  
    So you don’t have a problem with betrayal in general then. That’s interesting.
  • edited December 2020
    Uboat said:
    He gave secrets to a brutal, oppressive, totalitarian regime, he gave the names of MI6 agents to the Soviets, leading in some cases to their capture, torture and death.

Did I even mention betrayal?

No, I didn't.

I did mention a brutal, oppressive regime and torture. By your twisted logic your failure to mention them means you approve of them.

Or shall we not argue like student tankies.
  • Sponsored links:

• No idea what student tankies are, but equally no idea why I’m spending a Sunday arguing about a dead spy with Team Little England. 
  • Uboat said:
    He gave secrets to a brutal, oppressive, totalitarian regime, he gave the names of MI6 agents to the Soviets, leading in some cases to their capture, torture and death.

Did I even mention betrayal?

No, I didn't.

I did mention a brutal, oppressive regime and torture. By your twisted logic your failure to mention them means you approve of them.

Or shall we not argue like student tankies.
    Cardies surely?
  • Uboat said:
    No idea what student tankies are, but equally no idea why I’m spending a Sunday arguing about a dead spy with Team Little England. 
    Team “BIG” England........how dare you question English/ British people’s patriotism and loyalty. .......some of us have it in spades.
  • Uboat said:
    No idea what student tankies are, but equally I now regret starting an argument I'm badly losing about a dead murderer with people who aren't like me so I'll dismiss them as "Team Little England" as that is the best I can offer and "othering" those people makes me right and them wrong. 

• Uboat said:
    No idea what student tankies are, but equally no idea why I’m spending a Sunday arguing about a dead spy with Team Little England. 
    Read this instead.
    https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2020/country-chapters/russia
  • edited December 2020
    Blake should of hung.
    Spies get shot, not hung. 
    Was he not convicted of treason? And not spying