Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 2-2 Plymouth

many thanks to the 74 Lifers who game marks, I have given Aneke an assist for the Gunter goal as if he didn't touch the ball he caused the defender to do so.

Comments

• Options
    Having a player pick up man of the match for a 30 min appearance is impressive and depressing in equal measures.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    se9addick said:
    Having a player pick up man of the match for a 30 min appearance is impressive and depressing in equal measures.

Marcus scored a great goal and ran and kept a ball in and gave an inch perfect pass to Washington who emulated Nicky Bailey pen against Swindon ( yes I know the ball was moving but Conor should have hit the target)

A sub being MOM is quite normal for Cafc this season.

Diego Poyet played about 20 games from memory when winning the POTY award a few years back.

Quality not quantity.
  • Options
    many thanks to the 74 Lifers who game marks, I have given Aneke an assist for the Gunter goal as if he didn't touch the ball he caused the defender to do so.

So we get more goals late on than we concede. Makes nonsense of the stuff fans complain about.
    So by your reckoning we should be over the moon to be losing 3-0 at half time & then scoring 2 goals after 90 mins.

Yeh right.
  • Options
    Are all Maatsen's booklngs in league  ? If so then he misses the trip to Hull along with Aneke. Matthews at LB again then...???
  • Options
    Are all Maatsen's booklngs in league  ? If so then he misses the trip to Hull along with Aneke. Matthews at LB again then...???
    He’s already had his ban.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Quite possibly but I think Matthews at LB will be the least of our worries unless Bowyer sorts out the CB and midfield positions. Bogle is likely to be a shoe in for Aneke and whatever the team, the players selected need to up their performance levels once they cross that white line.

Looking on the bright side 😉, Hull will be our 19th league game after which all bookings to date are expunged, also the transfer window opens same day for much needed reinforcements to be signed subject to salary cap restrictions.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Matthews has been hard done by IMO due to Bowyers decision to play a right footer at LB. Footballing wise no way was he any worse than three or four other players above him in those stats. I thought most of his passes were crisp, penetrating and to the feet of a team mate, not to mention some decent balls into the box.
    I agree. I was quite impressed watching Matthews, very tidy and controlled passing mostly.
    He was constantly anticipating, good movement and making himself available.

Not his fault his manager asked him to play out of position.
    Sure he doesn't have a left foot, but he did well enough. Can't believe some people were marking him as low as 2 ...... I mean, really?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    Matthews has been hard done by IMO due to Bowyers decision to play a right footer at LB. Footballing wise no way was he any worse than three or four other players above him in those stats. I thought most of his passes were crisp, penetrating and to the feet of a team mate, not to mention some decent balls into the box.
    I agree. I was quite impressed watching Matthews, very tidy and controlled passing mostly.
    He was constantly anticipating, good movement and making himself available.

Not his fault his manager asked him to play out of position.
    Sure he doesn't have a left foot, but he did well enough. Can't believe some people were marking him as low as 2 ...... I mean, really?

2? Couldn’t have watched us much in the past 10 years or so then...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He’s already had his ban.
    Ooops......so he has. My bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richie Smallwood is the latest Hull City player to walk the disciplinary tightrope.

The Tigers captain currently sits on five bookings in League One along with Callum Elder and George Honeyman, knowing one more would see him banned for a game.

Had the Christmas schedule run to plan, the cut-off point for yellow cards would have been at the end of the clash with Sunderland on Boxing Day, City’s 19th of the campaign.

But due to that being suspended thanks to coronavirus and the subsequent suspension of the Lincoln game on Tuesday evening, City’s 19th fixture looks set to be Saturday’s KCOM Stadium clash with Charlton Athletic, providing there's no curtailment of that.

HullLive

If Aneke is banned for reaching 5 yellow cards how come Smallwood is not?

• Options
    ross1 said:

Richie Smallwood is the latest Hull City player to walk the disciplinary tightrope.

The Tigers captain currently sits on five bookings in League One along with Callum Elder and George Honeyman, knowing one more would see him banned for a game.

Had the Christmas schedule run to plan, the cut-off point for yellow cards would have been at the end of the clash with Sunderland on Boxing Day, City’s 19th of the campaign.

But due to that being suspended thanks to coronavirus and the subsequent suspension of the Lincoln game on Tuesday evening, City’s 19th fixture looks set to be Saturday’s KCOM Stadium clash with Charlton Athletic, providing there's no curtailment of that.

HullLive

One booking came in the FA Cup so he's on four bookings in League One

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=55835
  • Options
    ross1 said:

HullLive

Thanks FA, I knew you would put me right
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

HullLive

Thanks FA, I knew you would put me right
    Well, it is FA's Cup, so if anyone would know, it was him. :smile: