Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• He is absolutely useless. Respect him for stepping up, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our squad let alone take a penalty in the final minute. Just saw it again on Valley Pass and the penalty was at the perfect height for a keeper to save it.
  • The keeper had to go the right way & make a very good save, he did so. Going round in circles already so I’ll leave this now. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Did absolutely nothing wrong with his penalty.
    He’s literally missed it.

I’m convinced Amos could boot the ball into his own net whilst flipping off the fans and revealing a Palace tattoo and we’d all say it was unlucky.
    Again, it was on target with pace. He didn’t miss. But feel free to wind yourself up over it.
    What a bizarre comment. What true fan isn't wound up when your team miss a penalty in injury team costing you two points?
  • Have to admire the blind positivity from some on here. Genuinely incapable of seeing any fault in our players. Frustrating to read, but fair play to you.
  • Good save rather than poor pen
    Exactly how I see it, close to the post, hit hard. If he'd placed it higher or lower people would be salivating about him belting it like that. Ridiculous overreaction people don't want to give him a chance clearly.
  • The keeper had to go the right way & make a very good save, he did so. Going round in circles already so I’ll leave this now. 
    Agreed mate. I'm just venting after the lost chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Let Millar take it , his first touch was so poor today it would have flown in 
    Our net?
  • edited March 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    There was nothing wrong with the pen - it was just a very good save. Some people act like every missed penalty was awful and every scored one was amazing. It’s possible to score a rubbish penalty and it’s possible to strike one very well and still miss. Ronnie just did that.
    It was not a very good save. Penalties at this level are a guessing game for goalkeepers. The goalkeeper guessed the right way and because the penalty, as well struck as it was, was not either low or high in the corner the keeper was able to make the save.

• I’m sorry but zero sympathy from me, a striker, particularly one who’s nicknamed “the ministry of shooting” who’s played in Europe has got to score there, pathetic.
  • Croydon said:
    It wasn't a terrible penalty, but it wasn't a great penalty either. Nice height for the keeper, not in the corner, and not hit with much power. The keeper's guessed right and saved it, but it's not an amazing save. 
    That was belted hence why it went so high when the keeper saved it.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:

I’m convinced Amos could boot the ball into his own net whilst flipping off the fans and revealing a Palace tattoo and we’d all say it was unlucky.
    Again, it was on target with pace. He didn’t miss. But feel free to wind yourself up over it.
    Wtf!!!

He’s not scored the pen. He’s missed.

Christ I wonder with us sometimes.
    A miss and a save are two totally different things. No denying the end result is the same way but let’s not hammer a player for what would’ve been a goal 9 times out of 10.
    But it’s not a goal. A striker taking a penalty has a significant advantage. 

I don’t want to vilify Ronnie. I think he could be decent.

But we can’t pretend he hasn’t made a mistake because this is the exact situation we need him to score. He missed, it wasn’t good enough, we go again as far as I’m concerned.
  • Curbs said it was a good save rather than bad pen. I think I’ll listen to curbs rather than people on here
    No, listen to people on here. They know much more than someone with only 50 odd years in the game.
  • We seem to concede so called worldly goals from about 200 yards out on a regular basis.
    Yet can't score ourselves from the penalty spot.
    Bunch of cnuts 
  • Sponsored links:

• If Schwartz comes good next season I'll be surprised, but from what he's shown so far isn't encouraging. Barely touches the ball or adds anything else 
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Have to admire the blind positivity from some on here. Genuinely incapable of seeing any fault in our players. Frustrating to read, but fair play to you.
    Don't get me wrong the 1-2 with Jaiyesimi didn't quite work out either but seriously people just can't wait to shit on the bloke at every opportunity.
    Obviously no excuse to be personal or vile, but perhaps the best way for fans to stop wanting to shit on Ronnie at every opportunity is for him to actually start doing stuff in the games he plays?

I'll say it again. If Bogle had been putting in these types performances it would make the comments against Ronnie look nice. 
  • If Schwartz comes good next season I'll be surprised, but from what he's shown so far isn't encouraging. Barely touches the ball or adds anything else 
    I’ve got no problem with forwards who do fuck all for 90 minutes but bang goals in when they’re provided, Jordan Rhodes for example.  No defending Schwartz there.
  • Thanks Ronnie, we will let you know. 
  • We do have a peculiar fan base at times ‘not a bad pen’ he missed! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Have to admire the blind positivity from some on here. Genuinely incapable of seeing any fault in our players. Frustrating to read, but fair play to you.
    Don't get me wrong the 1-2 with Jaiyesimi didn't quite work out either but seriously people just can't wait to shit on the bloke at every opportunity.
    Understand that mate, and I'm not just shitting on Schwartz. I just don't think it was a good penalty. Would say that regardless of who took it.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Laddick01 said:

You saw that he didn't score right? and therefor he MISSED THE PENALTY.

Those of you backing it as a good penalty are wrong. Any penalty that doesn't go in from 12 yards, is not a good penalty. 
    Get your wording right then... HE HAD THE PENALTY SAVED!!

"Missed the penalty" is a damned lazy cliche in the sport
    He didn't score so he missed the pen.