Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Curbs just summed it up perfectly “if you’re going to have a blip, have it now”. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The last time I watched an entire match thread from beginning to end, in June,.... we won.

Of course, my mom died moments later so I am kinda worried about the precedent.
  • Options
    Great insight to Jensen coming to the club and the development of Parker as the midfielder we knew. 
  • Options
    Curbs just said we are playing 3 at the back and 2 up top tonight, who is playing RWB??
  • Options
    Curbs just talks so much sense. I love him!
  • Options
    Curbs just said " we are playing with three at the back, Millar at top with Chucks", so 3-5-2
  • Options
    Curbs just said we are playing 3 at the back and 2 up top tonight, who is playing RWB??
    Amos.
  • Options
    Hoping that’s a 4-4-1-1 / 4-2-3-1 with Millar and Smyth out wide and Williams behind Aneke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs just talks so much sense. I love him!
    I want to like and lol this. Because 99% of the time I completely agree, the man is so knowledgeable. But your comment was bad timing because surely Curbs has just got it wrong on the formation. 3 at the back with Millar up top? Can't be. 
  • Options
    Can see this stream cutting out again at some point... Keep getting a flickering "No Signal" every couple of minutes 
  • Options
    Smyth would be a "brave choice" /endSirHumphreyVoice
  • Options
    The big question is will Williams make it to the second half. Can’t see it myself. He’s set up to be the fall guy.
  • Options
    Very attacking lineup today. 
  • Options
    Has Curbs been told that we're playing 3 at the back, as it doesn't stand out from the team selection
  • Options
    Bowyer has confirmed that Schwartz will come on
  • Options
    No idea how that's a 352.... Millar as a striker? Smyth as RWB? Or somehow JFC is playing as the third centre back?!?!?!?!? Madness if so
  • Options
    Bowyer has just confirmed Millar up front. Surely a 442:
    Amos
    Gunter, Deji, Pearce, Maatsen
    Smyth, Gilbey, JFC, Williams
    Aneke, Millar
  • Options
    Can see this stream cutting out again at some point... Keep getting a flickering "No Signal" every couple of minutes 
    Do not ajust your set - I'm getting it too!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Miller’s playing up front as a second striker. So it’s either a diamond or Williams is out wide
  • Options
    Miller as a central forward rather than a winger?  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    No idea how that's a 352.... Millar as a striker? Smyth as RWB? Or somehow JFC is playing as the third centre back?!?!?!?!? Madness if so
    IF it's a 352 would surely be Smyth as RWB
  • Options
    Which makes not starting Chuks on Friday more stupid.  If your bringing him on with 20 odd minutes to go anyway you might as well take Chuks off. 

Other wise your 2 subs down before you start. 
  • Options
    Okay I take back what I say about the team if we are playing some wonky formation with it. 
  • Options
    forget Friday concentrate on Tuesday
  • Options
    Hmm. That’s odd. Don’t like that so much. I really think that with our current lack of strength in midfield we’re better of packing it with three rather than relying on a two made up of JFC and Williams or Gilbey. Unless it’s Smyth at wingback, in which case also odd. Guess we’ll see. 
  • Options
    Hmm. That’s odd. Don’t like that so much. I really think that with our current lack of strength in midfield we’re better of packing it with three rather than relying on a two made up of JFC and Williams or Gilbey. Unless it’s Smyth at wingback, in which case also odd. Guess we’ll see. 
    Also both Williams and Gilby have played out on the left for us in a 4-4-2 and have not looked great.

Of course it could all be different today. 
  • Options
    relatively happy with that starting line up - much better than friday's effort - i can see a route to goal and can see us getting on top and winning now - its an attacking line up with plenty of threat and ability - thank god for that - he's listened!!!!!! We will win COYR!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Didn't someone say Rochdale struggle against a 4-3-3? I would've thought we'd have stuck with that and played the same formation again
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!