Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

As I type this a warrant is being issued for my arrest

2»

Comments

• Off_it said:
    Just got a phonecall from one of those recorded message things telling me I owed HMRC money and if I didn't press "1" immediately then a warrant would be issued for my arrest.

I didn't press "1".

To be fair, I've had a good run and it was only a matter of time before I got done for something .......... but this could be my last post ........ 
    Goodbye old son......its been nice knowing you.
    One piece of advice, just say “no comment” to every question they ask you.
  • Got a missed call from it too and a voicemail, rang the number back withholding my number and left them a similar message back, "press 1 if you're a c**t, press 2 if you shag animals, delete this message if you're a nonce."
  • You've got to hand it to this government.  They really know how to build and implement a world-beating track and trace system.
  • You think you’ve got it bad.
    Someone has made a purchase using my Amazon prime account, my BT internet is going to be cut off, my HSBC account has been compromised, there are problems with my virgin internet speed and the wheels are coming off my football team.
    Luckily, all but one of those issues can be resolved by pressing #1
    All of the above plus apparently I had an accident that wasn't my fault and if I just read out my bank details I could be due to receive up to £8000 in compensation.  What to do..?
  • I could help you with the £3268.23p PPI that had my name on it and was definitely owed, but never got. 

However, only yesterday my Visa card was fraudulently used, and I had to press button 1, or I’d be in the cell next to you. 
  • I got one of those and ignored it. Belmarsh ain't bad but my cell mate is a Spanner and keeps taking the piss!

Fuck em though, they ain't getting my hard earned and spunking it on all sundry, like the NHS n shit!
  • Donald Trump just phoned me ... evidently I’ve been pardoned
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    I've had 2 calls so far
    One was Bowyer looking for the new signing he was promised yesterday.

• BT have been trying to contact me as my Broadband is about to be cancelled, you would think if anyone would have a spare phone to give me a bell, or would be able to look up my number it would be BT
  • Sponsored links:

• If you get an email regarding any of the above DON'T press F4.
    I did it once and nearly broke Charlton Athletic. 
  • _MrDick said:
    Donald Trump just phoned me ... evidently I’ve been pardoned
    I had no idea you were a pal of his?  :D
  • I received an email for a parcel yesterday, nearly clicked on the link before realising I hadn’t ordered anything and the email address was not a delivery Company.

Shows you need to be on your guard at all times. 
  • Get emails from 'Amazon' now and again about orders.

Checked the email address and it's Amanzon or Amaozn, deleted straight away.
  • I wonder what the government are doing to try to prevent this kind of fraud?  
    Best keep Boris out of this...
    Look what happened with Brexit.
  • Yes had the HMRC call. Made me chuckle. Then spoke to mum about it and when she said that she'd had it it want funny. Some people might not be switched on. 
  • Had a strange one yesterday.

Phone rings, this is a recorded message from Shell Energy.

We can't take your call at the moment.

Please call back on and gave a number.

• A good Youtube channel to watch, Jim likes to get his own back on those trying to scam people: Jim Browning - YouTube
  • iaitch said:
    Had a strange one yesterday.

Phone rings, this is a recorded message from Shell Energy.

We can't take your call at the moment.

Please call back on and gave a number.

And the number they gave you to ring back is probably £5 a minute. 
  • Indeed, the bit that got me was that they called me and then said they can't take my call.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Donald Trump just phoned me ... evidently I’ve been pardoned
    I had no idea you were a pal of his?  :D
    For $2,000,000 anybody can be a friend of Donald.