Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Setanta , yes or no

got setanta for two months for £15 so I could watch the Hatton fight with the intention of cancelling it after the two months is up but now I'm quite liking the output especially the pre season friendly coverage and now this morning I find out that frank warren has signed an exclusive deal with to show his fights on there which means Calzaghe is gonna be on there.

Now £9.99 a month seems quite tempting to me even though we aint in the premier any more

Comments

• Options
    Got to be better than the £16 a month Sky want....
  • Options
    i think an extra 10er a month is a bit too much.. that would take my sky bill to over £50, but i nearly signed up for the hatton fight.. i though warren was going to re-sign with itv?
  • Options
    Just did it, dumped the movies again, and got Setanta, £9.99 and no contract, suits me prefectly
  • Options
    pay £45 a month for Sky, not gonna pay an extra tenner. Had the prem plus games for the last few years but never really watched them.

If you want to see extra games, its a good excuse to get down the pub !
  • Options
    Have been thinking about it, but have seen that their Saturday evening games clash with Championship matches on Sky - eg our game with Stoke on 18 August starts five minutes after Newcastle v Villa on Setanta.

That said, if most of the boxing is also now going to be on there, I will probably sign up at some point.
  • Options
    No, because 5.15pm kick-offs are helping kill the Premier League for fans.

And yep, Sky have put our Championship matches on at the same time as a spoiler.
  • Options
    They've got a new offer on at the moment, no doubt linked in with the Calzaghe fight at the weekend.

Until Friday you can sign up for £5 a month for the first three months then £9.99 thereafter, and still with no annual contract. Have just done it...
  • Options
    I signed up but I'm thinking of dumping it to be honest as I just don't seem to be around enough to watch and although I've got Sky +, I've also got Sky Mulitroom with a second box in my bedroom. To get Setanta you have to nominate which Sky card/box and I chose my bedroom one which doesn't have Sky +. I suppose I could change it over but frankly I think I'll get rid of it.
  • Options
    No, I don't even have sky.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I like Monday night games so I got it. Had some crackers so far......
    Also I like to watch the US PGA Tour events.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont have Sky. Despite having 100 odd channels on Freeview we only ever watch the main 4 anyway (some time BBC3/4, E4, More4 or Film4).

If I want to watch a game then I'll watch it on Sopcast etc for free on my PC
  • Options
    Only for NASN and the Racing Channel. Who needs more Prem crap?
  • Options
    I'm with AFKA I pay £45 for Sky not gonna pay another tenner and if a game is worth watching i'll head down the pub.
  • Options
    I've got and personally think it's well worth it. But then again i can watch pretty much any football match going and its got live games from the German, French, Dutch and portuguese leagues as well as some top boxing nearly every week.
  • Options
    IMHO the best thing about the Setanta package on Sky is that it includes NASN. Hence I was able to sit up all night last weekend watching the Boston Red Sox win the World Series.