Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

170,000 twitter followers!

CAFC official Twitter near 170,000 twitter followers surprised it's not more?.Prob because what league we are in?.

Comments

• Options
    I doubt people unfollow a club bed cause they got relegated
  • Options
    I thought we might have had more from the glory days lol.
  • Options
    We have a club bed!?  Didn't know that...
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    It's a sick bed.
    Kept at sparrows lane for our injured players. 
  • Options
    CAFC official Twitter near 170,000 twitter followers surprised it's not more?.Prob because what league we are in?.
    Millwall only have 131,000 and they are in the Championship 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    But as a percentage of their fans that can read and write that is very very impressive
    Lol
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    But as a percentage of their fans that can read and write that is very very impressive
    Not to mention a good number will be in prison 
  • Options
    We were relegated from the PL a few months after Twitter was launched, so wasn’t really any time for a following to build on there. 
  • Options
    We were relegated from the PL a few months after Twitter was launched, so wasn’t really any time for a following to build on there. 
    Good point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite decent for a league one club really. Of the other 'big' clubs.

Sunderland have over 900k.
    Hull i was quite surprised to see have 457k
    Ipswich 171k
    Pompey 148k
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    I only remember the sofa?
  • Options
    So do we roughly have 170,000 fans?

More or less.

Deduct non Charlton fans that follow it....replace it with Charlton fans that don't have Twitter!
  • Options
    You'll be able to deduct some accounts that follow the club

There will be reporters like Rich Cawley, other club and competition accounts... players etc.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

More or less.

Deduct non Charlton fans that follow it....replace it with Charlton fans that don't have Twitter!
    Club Twitter followers have very little indication of support. Depends whether you’ve had a spell in Prem in last 10 years, what foreign signings you’ve made, and what overseas ownership you’ve had. 
  • Options
    We are only a small club, though, remember. So, when compared to the massiveness of our neighbours, it's not a bad tally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Lots of businesses assume people have facebook, paypal or twitter.
    These are poor assumptions.
    Facebook is a doorway into your privacy, judging by what people say as in the abuse of Omar Bogle, twittet is a cesspit, and paypal is both incomprehensible and enriches an American nutcase.
    The amount of times somewhere says access something via one of these platforms sickens me but delights Mark Zukengatesmusk I suppose.
    The blokes who 'commentate' on our games invite instant contact via facebook or something to report back things like technical problems. It alienates me, and annoys that we as a club enrich these people without getting commission.
    Additionally these platforms are usually impossible to navigate.
    Is it true that twittet is a cesspit? After all Trump used it to govern America.
    Twitter followers are nothing to get excited or boast about, twitter and tikgram and the like are the Macdonald's of the internet.
    Do you have a similar opinion of Luc Vezina and Vanilla ProBoards?

There are Facebook groups that are well moderated, and there are those that aren't.  The same is true for any Web hosting service. 

Like the rest of the Internet Twitter and Facebook can be cesspits, but I am sure there are dozens of other hosting services that allow people to post stuff you don't agree with? 

Charlton will make some advertising revenue, not a significant amount admittedly, from Facebook and Twitter but it's a massive potential market to completely ignore isn't it? 

Never heard of those two you mentioned.
  • Options
    We are only a small club, though, remember. So, when compared to the massiveness of our neighbours, it's not a bad tally.
    Not to mention 

No one likes you 
    “No one follows us...we don’t care”!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Facebook is a doorway into your privacy, judging by what people say as in the abuse of Omar Bogle, twittet is a cesspit, and paypal is both incomprehensible and enriches an American nutcase.
    The amount of times somewhere says access something via one of these platforms sickens me but delights Mark Zukengatesmusk I suppose.
    The blokes who 'commentate' on our games invite instant contact via facebook or something to report back things like technical problems. It alienates me, and annoys that we as a club enrich these people without getting commission.
    Is it true that twittet is a cesspit? After all Trump used it to govern America.
    Twitter followers are nothing to get excited or boast about, twitter and tikgram and the like are the Macdonald's of the internet.

There are Facebook groups that are well moderated, and there are those that aren't.  The same is true for any Web hosting service. 

Like the rest of the Internet Twitter and Facebook can be cesspits, but I am sure there are dozens of other hosting services that allow people to post stuff you don't agree with? 

Charlton will make some advertising revenue, not a significant amount admittedly, from Facebook and Twitter but it's a massive potential market to completely ignore isn't it? 

But you are quite happy to post on their social media sites? 
  • Options
    Quite decent for a league one club really. Of the other 'big' clubs.

Sunderland have over 900k.
    Hull i was quite surprised to see have 457k
    Ipswich 171k
    Pompey 148k
    Sunderland must have gained new followers as a result of the Netflix series!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:

Even I’d never heard of Luc Vezina!

He joined Vanilla as an Exec about ten years ago. Vanilla is the creation of two other guys (Todd and Mark). Both still involved. 

@Cafc43v3r point though is valid. These people have simply provided platforms. No one is forced to use them, and companies are perfectly able should they wish to create their own platforms.

Do you not look on TV channels as platforms for programmes in the same way?   

• Options
    Dave2l said:

More or less.

Club Twitter followers have very little indication of support. Depends whether you’ve had a spell in Prem in last 10 years, what foreign signings you’ve made, and what overseas ownership you’ve had. 

I don't know of any Charlton fan that didn't go to Wembley a few years ago.

Maybe a few fans that live abroad or just didn't have the time available for it, for whatever reason. They couldn't attend and just probably watched it on TV.

I guess that attendance would probably roughly indicate how many people are fans of the club. Maybe add on another 5-10,000
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:

Am I?
    I think you're about to tell me that Charlton Life is one of those sites.
    Is Charlton Life a social media site?
    I thought it was an opinion/discussion/information site which is different to social media isn't it?
    I thought on social media like Twitter or Facebook or whatever is that you're supposed to use your real name.
    I don't get it very well.
    As for 'happy', after the events of recent times I don't ever expect to experience happiness again, but it is now a question of larger or smaller degrees of misery. 
  • Options
    Please contact your GP. 
  • Options
    My GP won't be able to change the political and social landscape I am trapped by and locked into.
  • Options
    But he should be able to help you find some happiness in your life.
    It is not right that you expect to live a life of misery with zero happiness ever.
    Please seek professional help. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!