Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    That’s £10 that I won’t get back then
  • Options
    Yeah, pleased with that line-up. Think he should have started with Stockley and brought on Aneke later in the game as an impact sub. But apart from that, you can’t argue too much. C’MON YOU ADDICKS
  • Options
    All relative though. In a year or two Pratley will be a young and promising coach. I'm young in club cricket offspinner terms. We're all young at something 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Looks a much better starting 11.  We miss the legs of Bielik, Cullen and Aribo but everyone now looks solid, efficent - and a bit of pace on the outside - in their position in the front 6.

As always hope Williams has a great match.  I hope Gilbey get's back up to speed from the bench, as he looked at MK Dons more dynamic than our midfielders, but let's pray this more competitive and physical starting 11 let's him get his confidence back.
  • Options
    Very happy with that line up. Was concerned that Bow would keep Schwartz on the bench and drop JFC for Watson. Now let's see what we're really made of.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Morgan for Pratley would have been a bold call but I guess we need an old bloke who can be captain, or something 
    Is Pratley older than you then, Leuth? 

By a mere two years ;) 
    I always presumed you were in your mid to late twenties :)
    Careful @Leuth sounds like he’s after something 😉.
  • Options
    Team from the reverse fixture

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Morgan for Pratley would have been a bold call but I guess we need an old bloke who can be captain, or something 

By a mere two years ;) 
    So you're really Jason Pearce?

See I worked it out. What do you reckon about being dropped to day then?
    Will you quickly ask for a transfer ....... ?

PS: Just remembered you don't do 'quick'. :smile:

• Options
    Yup no complaints from me re that starting lineup. Comfortable 4-1 victory coming up 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No complaints from me about that team. I would say as far as possible that’s the best team we can put out. Only one square peg in a round hole and that’s because the available round peg has been chewed by the family dog and no longer fits in any holes properly.

Feel like this side should be good enough for the win today 
  • Options
    Great to see Brown back, after his impressive debut, and the usual
    depth of knowledge, along with Curbs welcome back 
  • Options
    Possibly more 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 diamond
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting changes. Pearce has been on bad form so it makes sense to drop him, but in some ways I’m surprised it’s for Gunter and not Pratley. I’m glad, because we need Prats in midfield, especially with that attack minded midfield. Good to see Ronnie start, need him to have a good game and score, hopefully then goals will flow. It’s also nice knowing that towards the end we can bring on a battering ram up front to either force a goal or preserve a lead. Just need one of the good centre halves back now and we’re in a good place 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Possibly more 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 diamond
    Dunno cant see either Aneke or Schwartz in a wide role
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Matthews and Maatsen are definitely defensive fullbacks. Matthews especially. Would you rather have anyone else in this league facing down a winger one on one? 
    OK maybe static would be a better choice of words.    What I ment was they aren't afraid to cross the halfway line. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm feeling a win, mainly because I have a Jacko shirt I usually have hung up on my wall, every time I've worn it to an away game we've won and today purely on impulse, decided to take it down and wear it
  • Options
    At least Bows had the balls to drop Pearce, well done that man.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I'm feeling a win, mainly because I have a Jacko shirt I usually have hung up on my wall, every time I've worn it to an away game we've won and today purely on impulse, decided to take it down and wear it
    Funny you should say that I’ve got my Wembley 98 and 19 underpants on 😉.
  • Options
    0-0. Another £10 well spent.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    RedChaser said:
    LTKapal said:
    Funny you should say that I’ve got my Wembley 98 and 19 underpants on 😉.
    Last time I wore it was Wembley, if we lose I'm gonna be livid, it'll have no reason to go back up

Edit: tell a lie I wore it last, first game of last season where we beat Blackburn 
  • Options
    0-0. Another £10 well spent.
    Give it a chance, the game hasnt started yet ;) 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:

By a mere two years ;) 
    I always presumed you were in your mid to late twenties :)
    I think you two like each other.

Now I've got this mental picture of you, Forever ...... dressed up in your cheerleaders outfit, short skirt and pom-poms, especially for Leuth.

I know, I need to be broad minded. :smile:
    Really don't need to know about your sexual fantasies thanks Oggy 😱
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Brownie AND Curbs on today! They're spoiling us
    I'm seriously thinking this is the best bit of the afternoon!
  • Options
    Bowyer just said Schwartz should be fit enough to play an hour. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!