Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley and Ben Watson Q&A - Bromley Addicks 11 Feb

Comments

• Options
    Apologies for my abrupt disappearance while chairing the meeting last night. With about ten minutes to go Covered End was in the midst of a long and complex question when my computer blew up. Looking forward to the next one. Which virtual guest would you like us to get next?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Apologies for my abrupt disappearance while chairing the meeting last night. With about ten minutes to go Covered End was in the midst of a long and complex question when my computer blew up. Looking forward to the next one. Which virtual guest would you like us to get next?
    Lee Bowyer and Marcus Maddison, box office!
  • Options
    Curbs and Johnnie Rob for me.
  • Options
    The players were as tactful as possible, but Maddison basically lacked effort in training and there's only so much anyone can do if they don't want to do it for themselves.
    Being brutal though, it's not as if Watson has contributed much more to the team this season than Maddison...
  • Options
    Which virtual guest would you like us to get next?
    Henry Irving, of course.

Seriously, I'd be interested to learn of the behind-the-scenes stuff, when he was Fans Director.

• Options
    The players were as tactful as possible, but Maddison basically lacked effort in training and there's only so much anyone can do if they don't want to do it for themselves.
    Being brutal though, it's not as if Watson has contributed much more to the team this season than Maddison...
    Was involved in our winning streak. Not sure if that was as a result of him in the side or inspite, but leaning to the former. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Henry Irving, of course.

Seriously, I'd be interested to learn of the behind-the-scenes stuff, when he was Fans Director.

It really wasn't that interesting.

The drugs, the money, the girls, the fast cars, it all gets very boring very quickly
    Now I'm especially waiting with baited breath for all the kiss-and-tell !

There must be some good stories though, hush-hush stuff, spats, the nearly signings that never happened, the relegation from the Prem/Pardew and his antics.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Henry Irving, of course.

It really wasn't that interesting.

The drugs, the money, the girls, the fast cars, it all gets very boring very quickly
    Now I'm especially waiting with baited breath for all the kiss-and-tell !

There must be some good stories though, hush-hush stuff, spats, the nearly signings that never happened, the relegation from the Prem/Pardew and his antics.

Indeed the decline of the club seemed to start with Henry becoming the Fans Director in 2006.

All very suspicious  ;)
    Dowie was appointed before I became a director so you can't blame me for that.

And I actually tried to call bullshit on some of Pardew's nonsense too but was a lone voice.

But all a very long time ago now and not worth raking over.

Glad I did it but we move on.

Much prouder about creating Charlton Life but I don't like to mention that.
  • Options
    Henry Irving said: 

Much prouder about creating Charlton Life but I don't like to mention that.
    Surely, Henry ...... that's worth a promote? :smile:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Shame I can’t log on to this one as I’m working tonight. Gutted.

Hope it goes as well as previous ones have done.

Think Pratley will be great value
    So we're not good enough for @sage now he's in the money.   You soon find out who your real friends are  : - :wink:
    Leading a site now so had no choice!

Hope it went well and look forward to your notes being posted.
  • Options
    bit disappointed Pratters had his camera pointed up so you only got his head and the ceiling. Always nice to have a good nosy round someone’s house!
    What was your opinion on Ben's living room, with his sofa, dining table and TV then?
  • Options
    Would it be possible for someone who was present to do a write up please? Thank you in advance! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bit disappointed Pratters had his camera pointed up so you only got his head and the ceiling. Always nice to have a good nosy round someone’s house!
    Bookshelves! That's the thing, everybody wants to show off their bookshelves  ...... but perhaps young Mr Pratley is the only person on Zoom who doesn't want you to see what he's reading?  :astonished:

• Options
    I assume they both live in the Chislehurst area which seems to be the standard for Charlton players?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I assume they both live in the Chislehurst area which seems to be the standard for Charlton players?
    Watson lives in Beckenham 
  • Options
    Were there going to be a few notes written up, please?

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Were there going to be a few notes written up, please?

East Kentesque

Says the man from East Kent
  • Options
    Maidstone? East Kent?

You make Dowie look like cartographer of the year.