Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Pass Live will be going ahead at 2:30 (free show)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyed that,Great to see 'Robbo' back, for me one of the greatest players I have seen in a Charlton shirt, for his passion and ability to work for the team. Curbs, comes over really well and not as reserved as I expected, quite witty with his remarks. Going to have to buy the stream now, the production was a big improvement on last season.  

• Options
    £100k for Robinson. What a bargain that was!
    Crickey, he’s done well out of punditry!
    At the time it was definitely reported as £75k but maybe there were add ons.
  • Options
    This stuff is brilliant. Shame there’s less than 200 viewers 

Watched it on Twitter (from link in this thread) as couldn't get it on Valley pass as I hadn't subscribed to this match. Guess that maybe why viewing figures were low?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    If you've got a spare 50 mins, that was excellent Curbs, Minto, Robinson, Mortimer with highlights of Man U 3-3 and Wembley 98 etc. Recommended.
  • Options
    This stuff is brilliant. Shame there’s less than 200 viewers 
    Although by 8pm this evening, there were 5.9k viewers.

If you want to watch, it's still there on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1LyGBdOMPljxN?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1355523028172623873|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90994/valley-pass-live-will-be-going-ahead-at-2-30-free-show/p2

• Options
    Crickey, he’s done well out of punditry!
    At the time it was definitely reported as £75k but maybe there were add ons.
    They discussed that today in the interview. The transfer went to a tribunal, so we ended up paying more than Curbs wanted to for him. 
  • Options
    Ah ..... just seen my post has crossed with Covered End's post.

Soz, mate. You've beaten me by a couple of minutes! 

• Options
    I'm 99% certain that Curbs got this wrong and that we paid 75k
  • Options
    That's the figure I was sure I had remembered also, Jimmy.

Maybe our bid was £75k and it was the tribunal that made us pay £100k ....... ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    That's the figure I was sure I had remembered also, Jimmy.

Maybe our bid was £75k and it was the tribunal that made us pay £100k ....... ?

I think it was the other way round, we expected to pay £100k but got him for £75k. The tribunal did add a third of the transfer fee if we sold him went to Brighto  which we were not happy with. In the end it was not an issue as he was the probably the biggest bargain of that whole era