Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How good is it...Curbs and Morts

2»

Comments

• Options
    One of the best games I’ve been to at the valley the Man U 3-3
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Really want to see them just talking and having a laugh.

Is there a direct video link? Or I need to sign up to something?

Curbs was "the manager" of Charlton.

Which usually means you pretty much have an above an beyond weight on your shoulders!

He took his job seriously. He wasn't some attention seeking knobhead banter clown like Harry rednab.

Probably politely told Murray to shut up every now and again too with a gentle but rather suggestive nudge. 

I might be wrong but I personally don't warm to the idea of having a laugh when working. We have to switch on and off.

I volunteered in a museum and had a bit of a laugh when I had to introduce people to an absolutely enormous walrus cock, but that's about it.

Curbs doesn't have to take things seriously any more and he's a professional legend of our club.
    Free on the Charlton Twitter page
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    A very entertaining broadcast. I was great to see both Robbo and Morts. Scotty seems a very good anchor in these programmes and it wouldn’t surprise me if Sky offers him a job. Another transfer eh!
    That is a LOL right? We all know Sky recently sacked him for no apparent reason?
    Sky had 2 presenters of their EFL Coverage. They wanted Caroline Barker added so one of the existing 2 had to go and they chose Scott. Barmy decision 
  • Options
    What a season that was. I remember it all so vividly. We beat Arsenal and Chelsea at The Valley that year too I believe. We were really strong at home that year 
  • Options
    "if he didn't, then he just talked them to death"  :D
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Curbs genuinely has top draw bantz as the kids would say in 2010.

Very funny one liners

Just watching the highlights on the back of this....we battered Utd first half...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBgdt__ejaI
    Has to be one of the best, if not the best game I’ve seen at the Valley. Now just a distant memory but never tire of watching it.

Bartlett such a good header of the ball, have we had anyone better since then?

What a team we had, shame we never beat them under Curbs.
  • Options
    What a perfect synergy of characters Curbs assembled.
    They each hold their own in the pantheon of professional footballers in terms of quality, behaviour and effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mortimer is a legend. Despite him last playing for us probably 20 years ago, i'll always fondly remember the guy, especially that night dancing round Millwall's defence in the snow.

I'm genuinely 100% certain that 20 years from now i won't fondly remember a single player from the current team.
    I was a little disappointed yesterday that when asked what weather he liked playing in he didn't say snow
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    What a perfect synergy of characters Curbs assembled.
    They each hold their own in the pantheon of professional footballers in terms of quality, behaviour and effort.
    Spot on. I'd add articulacy to that list, all of them thoughtful individuals who speak very well, and there's clearly a shared bond from those heady days which were the peak for many of those careers.

• Options

Very funny one liners

Just watching the highlights on the back of this....we battered Utd first half...

If the Giggs shot from the half way line had gone in, it would be right up there with the great PL goals
    People forget that we had a great chance at the very end to win it 4-3 as well. 
  • Options
    yep, curbs has been very good on valley pass but lets not get carried away - he ain't mickey flanagan or jim davidson just yet but i think he's comfortable with scott minto who is also excellent and he seems to be really enjoying the nostalgia - and why not, he was the architect of all those brilliant times and teams and he is rightly revered 
  • Options
    Just watched it on valley pass.

You can definitely tell robbo and curbs had a lot of dressing room arguments...but the love was there. 
  • Options
    Was Johannson Tin Tin in disguise?
  • Options

Very funny one liners

Has to be one of the best, if not the best game I’ve seen at the Valley. Now just a distant memory but never tire of watching it.

Close run thing between Bartlett, Deon Burton and Yann for best leap, but Bartlett was Teheran best of the three when it came to the power and control he had on headers. Yann weren’t half bad either though. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Very funny one liners

Close run thing between Bartlett, Deon Burton and Yann for best leap, but Bartlett was Teheran best of the three when it came to the power and control he had on headers. Yann weren’t half bad either though. 
    Why worry about heading it when you had JJ's overhead kick to literally fall back on?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    yep, curbs has been very good on valley pass but lets not get carried away - he ain't mickey flanagan or jim davidson just yet but i think he's comfortable with scott minto who is also excellent and he seems to be really enjoying the nostalgia - and why not, he was the architect of all those brilliant times and teams and he is rightly revered 
    He’s waaaaaaaaay funnier than Squeaky Bollix Flanagan 😳
    Have you not seen the Paddy Power adverts.
    Comic genius I tells ya! 😜 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    He’s waaaaaaaaay funnier than Squeaky Bollix Flanagan 😳
    Have you not seen the Paddy Power adverts.
    Comic genius I tells ya! 😜 
    I bet Lord Llewellyn writes his own lines too ... but submits them under a pseudonym.