Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref's name last night

BBC & Sky have Robert Madley as the ref but I think it was someone else, I'd like to call him twat but does anyone have his correct name?

Comments

• Options
    Lee Swabey
  • Options
    It wasn't Bobby Madley, he couldn't travel due to the snow we got up here in West Yorkshire. I'm sure it was Lee something, but could be wrong. 
  • Options
    Lee Swabey
  • Options
    It wasn't Bobby Madley, he couldn't travel due to the snow we got up here in West Yorkshire. I'm sure it was Lee something, but could be wrong. 
    He had another game in the EFL Trophy, was in charge of the Hull v Lincoln game
  • Options
    so many things I could say......
  • Options
    Yes he got moved to that game because he couldn't travel down. 
  • Options
    The Rate the Ref forum had him down as being scheduled for that game since last Wednesday
  • Options
    thanks Sam & FA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a talisman for Portsmouth, he's refereed them 8 times in the league now and they've won all 8
  • Options
    The Rate the Ref forum had him down as being scheduled for that game since last Wednesday
    I know someone who knows him. He was down for the Hull game because we obviously should have played Saturday. Saturday afternoon he was told he could still have the game last night but weather meant they reverted to the original plan with Swabey stepping in. 
  • Options
    Watching he seemed to have a 'relationship' with Portsmouth. That said he booked their bloke in the first two minutes but they (Portsmouth) seemed to gain confidence  with his presence.
    Even though he missed our clear penalty on the arm pull he isn't the reason we lost, that was principally down to Watson being a liability.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He's a talisman for Portsmouth, he's refereed them 8 times in the league now and they've won all 8
    I assume this is a joke?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Watching he seemed to have a 'relationship' with Portsmouth. That said he booked their bloke in the first two minutes but they (Portsmouth) seemed to gain confidence  with his presence.
    Even though he missed our clear penalty on the arm pull he isn't the reason we lost, that was principally down to Watson being a liability.
    Surely you can't be saying we lost because of Watson? What did he do wrong except for a terrible mistake for their third?
  • Options
    was it 1-1 or 0-1 when the ref didn’t give the pen?  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Surely you can't be saying we lost because of Watson? What did he do wrong except for a terrible mistake for their third?
    At 1-2 we had a chance, at 1-3 we'd had it. His chiteeeness sealed the result.
    What he did wrong was what he always does, slows our tempo and when he gets the ball moves it on with even less vision and creativity than Purrington.
    There is being poor, and there is being a liability (see also Gunter against Burton). Indeed you can even be goodish yet remain a liability.
    I am saying we lost because of that Watson moment.
  • Options
    W*nker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was it 1-1 or 0-1 when the ref didn’t give the pen?  
    0-1 wasn't it? Stockers equalised a minute or so later.

And then we reverted to type and it all went to the brown stuff.
  • Options
    What was his name?

Too tempting, suffice to say I bet his mum never knew his dads name!
  • Options
    Even our players were getting frustrated and angry with the ref.

Otherwise nothing would have aroused them from their slumber.  :neutral:

• Options
    pity it wasn't Madley B as he is a top class referee, suspension/sacking or not .. his brother Andrew was the referee when we beat Sunderland at Wembley.
  • Options
    Lee Vitout.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    At 1-2 we had a chance, at 1-3 we'd had it. His chiteeeness sealed the result.
    What he did wrong was what he always does, slows our tempo and when he gets the ball moves it on with even less vision and creativity than Purrington.
    There is being poor, and there is being a liability (see also Gunter against Burton). Indeed you can even be goodish yet remain a liability.
    I am saying we lost because of that Watson moment.
    I get we stood a better chance at 2-1 than 3-1, that's stating the obvious. But I struggle to see how we would have got back in the game regardless. We were shocking. 

Been saying a while I think Watson works in a certain midfield. He can slow the tempo but if we had a bit more in front of him I think he'd do well. Having said that, I do want to go 442 on Saturday and he doesn't fit into that. 
  • Options
    Shitty McShitref