Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

There are two questions to answer for Charlton now that January transfer window has closed

Comments

• Options
    Very thorough and accurate analysis
  • Options
    Excellent summary
  • Options
    Good read and bang on the money imo
  • Options
    Great read 
  • Options
    Umm ...

"Doughty is unlikely to play for much of the rest of the season so he almost has to be ignored".

The article also highlights the fact that we are building our Championship side around Jaiyesimi (hence the three and half year deal).

Is he that good?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Good analysis, though (for understandable reasons) I do think it largely overlooks the issues of morale and tactics which are just as pressing as the actual quality of the players - though as I say, I totally understand why this is probably not something the article was ever going to address, and probably shouldn't.

As to the question about Jaiyesimi, and whether he is that good... Well that I suppose remains to be seen. But a long contract and a fee spent to sign him suggest that Bowyer/Gallen seem to believe he could be.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Umm ...

"Doughty is unlikely to play for much of the rest of the season so he almost has to be ignored".

The article also highlights the fact that we are building our Championship side around Jaiyesimi (hence the three and half year deal).

Is he that good?
    Which part of that is wrong?
  • Options
    A very good writer is Benjy.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dave Rudd said:

Is he that good?
    We wouldn't have paid money for him if we didn't think we could sell him on for a decent profit (which would be to a decent Championship/Premier League club) later down the line. He certainly has shown glimpses of potential. It's not a guarantee that it will work out but you've got to trust the scouting team to know what they're doing.