Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021| 3pm

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
Well, 15 years ago when the team coach headed towards Manchester, we were on our way to Old Trafford in the glorious money ridden Prem.
Times change ........  and now the bus lurches a little further to Spotland for this Third Division fixture - against the  team that scored 4 goals against us in 40 first half minutes at The Valley.

We really need to put that right today. No pressure, Lee. 

Bow says"We did the basics really well in that second half (v Rochdale), so we have to do the same today."

Inniss injured, of course, along with Washington. Famewo on the brink of return, but talk of 'U23 minutes' first.
All others present and correct, Sir.

We might even get a glimpse of new boy DJ. We do! Bench.

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Oshilaja, Pearce (C), Purrington; Shinnie, Pratley, Forster-Caskey, Millar; Aneke,  Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Morgan, Smith, Watson, Jaiyesimi, Schwartz

Want to shout at the telly rather than moan on the Match Thread? Buy the stream here:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

Valley Pass Live show, starring Scottie, Curbs and Lord Nelson........ broadcast begins at 2.15pm. 

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    Please start Millar, Chuks, DJ and Smith - lets f-ing rip them a new one.
    1-1  ;)
  • Options
    Haven't conceded yet....
  • Options
    Lineup square 2
  • Options
    4-4-2?
  • Options
    No Maatsen at all this week...
  • Options
    So we are playing a diamond with no width when we have two huge strikers who thrive off crosses... come on Lee pls use brain.
  • Options
    Smith 4 Caskey for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diamond with Millar at the tip?

Don't like seeing Shinnie pushed out to the wing, he is totally wasted there. 

Are we sure we couldn't have got another defender on Loan instead of using the spot on Matt Smith? 
  • Options
    So we are playing a diamond with no width when we have two huge strikers who thrive off crosses... come on Lee pls use brain.
    Or he's playing Shinnie and Millar on the flanks in a flat 4-4-2 the same way we faced Milton Keynes
  • Options
    Supposed to have best winger in league and on the bench😖
  • Options
    Another 4 changes, no chance of anyone developing a bit of rapport then. 
  • Options
    Hopefully a flat 4-4-2, Shinnie right, Millar left, that was working until he changed to a diamond on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ah, so Maatsen WAS the scapegoat! Excellent stuff Lee, maybe Chelsea will quietly ditch us as a loan club now
    If he's not even on the bench I expect to hear "he picked up a knock" at some point
  • Options
    Smith, Morgan AND Watson all on the bench but no Maatsen - this had better be an injury or...
  • Options
    Jake Forster-Caskey and Darren Pratley are expected to start in central midfield with Andrew Shinnie and Millar either side of them. If playing the diamond, Pratley would likely hold with Millar behind the front two of Aneke and Stockley, who scored his first goals for the Addicks in an impressive performance in midweek.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/601e9a4db0b03/team-news-millar-and-aneke-start-with-jaiyesimi-on-the-bench-for-the-first-time
  • Options
    cazo said:
    I suppose Kirk would have been the best winger in the league had we signed him instead...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see Purrington back, Maatsen hasn't looked great the last few games.
  • Options
    I would love it if we lined up

Amos
    Gunter Oshilaja Pearce Purrington
                              Pratley 
                        JFC        Shinnie
                               Aneke
                              Stockley         Millar
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    cazo said:
    Has barely trained with the squad... Bowyer said the other day it was unlikely he'd start today
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Useless ***king manager. 

Bring in players & then don't start them. Smith must be scratching his head  & wondering wat he has done joining us Started virtually every game for Swindon & now gone 2 games starting on the bench.Might as well just loan them back to Swindon - they rated the 2 players & must be gutted to see is having them & not playing them. Why....just why  ?? 

Really glad I didn't part with my tenner to watch it on VP. Only wanted to see DJ play....
  • Options
    The diamond allows purington and Gunter to drive down the wings. Come on guys it’s simple stuff 
  • Options
    Other teams start their new signings straight away. Ours always seem to start on the bench.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Useless fecking manager. 

Bring in players & then don't start them. Smith must be scratching his head  & wondering why he has done. Started virtually every game for Swindon & now gone 2 games starting in the bench.Might as well just loan them back to Swindon. 

Really glad I didn't part with my tenner to watch it on VP. Only wanted to see DJ play....
    Yeah he's gone from starting for a team that is in a relegation scrap to one fighting further up the table...

Or do you think our squad is as bad as Swindon's, two games against them it might be but not over the season so far
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    cazo said:
    I suppose Kirk would have been the best winger in the league had we signed him instead...
    Kirk is a forward 
    Smith 4 Caskey for me
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!