Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:
    Anyone writing Schwartz off should have a word.

He’s quite clearly gifted, he’s not had the service. Stick Jensen behind him threading the balls he would be catching Chucks up. 

If he’s adjusting to the league, the country, the players. To write him off is proper silly. 

He will be quality. 
    If a chance falls to someone in the area in at Wembley in May, I hope its Schwartz. 
    Not saying it won’t work out, obviously I hope it does, but what’s the faith in him based on?
    I don't have unequivocal faith in him, now we have got Stockley I would actually rather have Bogle (no seriously) but Schwartz has that je ne sais quoi, he will just finish it.  If Aneke had that, and was fit enough, he wouldn't be playing for us.

To me, he looks so one dimensional, but I don't think we have had a player like him in the last 30 years. Give the ball to him and he will score, probably do fuck all else for 90 minutes.

He wouldn't have scored any of the goals Mendonca did at Wembley, but if he got in the positions say BWP did (he won't) he would score 40 plus goals a season. 
    I stopped reading at that point.....I know football is all about opinions, but come on !!!!!!
    This is evidence that some people will complain no matter what. After Stockley's first performance, I wasn't entirely sold, after his second it was clear he was at least as good as Bogle, in the two since he has proven he is better, reads the game better and bullies defenders all better than Bogle was meant to be able to. 

Stockley is a better fit for Bowyer's game plan. 
    With respect, the poster is clearly talking about sooner having Bogle than schwarz, not stockley - that’s very odd to me but what is more odd is that it’s taken you 4 games to work out that stockley is better than bogle - that’s just bizarre and this might sound nasty but it completely removes any credibility to any of your views - it took me 4 minutes - the fact u wouldn’t play shinnie at centre mid in a midfield 2 must also be tempered by that shocking lack of football judgement - sorry but it had to be said  
    How many players have we seen join us, look decent and immediately fall away? Bogle actually started his season looking quite decent for us, it felt like the goals were going to come, then each game after it felt less and less likely he would score and he became less and less effective.

Another victim of looking decent on joining and falling away. 

In addition to that, I didn't say I wouldn't play Shinnie in a 2, I said if you do he needs a hardworking defensive partner.
    Dazzler21 said:
    In possession I agree, out of it he's less good. Partner him with a hardworking more defensive player and he'll do well. 
    I'd add that Pratley should probably be that man, but only until we get someone younger and quicker to do the job. 

You just choose to read what you want though even if the words you then spout back are completely incorrect... A bit of confirmation bias from a poster that thinks they're better than everyone else is the least I'd expect...
    i don't think i'm better than everyone else but i'm definitely better than you  :) - in my opinion, of course 
  • Options
    Would like to point out after some more games played today we are still 6th.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Yep top 6 chances slightly increase. But wins for Peterborough and Portsmouth mean top 2 chances have decreased at the same time (not that it was realistically on anyway). Glad Accrington lost but you'd have to imagine the 3 games in hand will result in at least 2 points. Add in at least one of Sunderland, Oxford and Ipswich and we're about 8th/9th at the minute. 10 points out of our next 15 and we'll be in a solid position. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Yep top 6 chances slightly increase. But wins for Peterborough and Portsmouth mean top 2 chances have decreased at the same time (not that it was realistically on anyway). Glad Accrington lost but you'd have to imagine the 3 games in hand will result in at least 2 points. Add in at least one of Sunderland, Oxford and Ipswich and we're about 8th/9th at the minute. 10 points out of our next 15 and we'll be in a solid position. 
    You never know what will happen. I think top two is out of our hands because of our start. 

I just think it goes to show the teams with maybe a game in hand we shouldn’t worry about. I’m more concerned about Oxford and Doncaster who are in a run. Hopefully Accrington’s has come to an end 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:
    You never know what will happen. I think top two is out of our hands because of our start. 

I just think it goes to show the teams with maybe a game in hand we shouldn’t worry about. I’m more concerned about Oxford and Doncaster who are in a run. Hopefully Accrington’s has come to an end 
    Don't think you can blame the start, that was to be expected because of the squad, takeover etc. We had plenty of time to recover from that and did when we went on a great run. Top 2 has gone because we've won 5 games in our last 18. 

You would definitely expect Accrington to drop off slightly but I'm certainly taking nothing for granted. I still see us a point or two off them because they've got three games in hand. Oxford look good but again can you see them sustaining that sort of form for the next 10-12 matches, probably not. Be surprised if Doncaster are not in the top 2 by the end of the month. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:

I just think it goes to show the teams with maybe a game in hand we shouldn’t worry about.

I’m more concerned about Oxford and Doncaster who are in a run. Hopefully Accrington’s has come to an end 

"
    You never know what will happen".

This.

And like you, I'm not too worried about teams who have games in hand.

Last November/December, we were the team with games in hand, yet we royally f*cked it up.
    Other teams will do also ....... as we saw with Accrington, Sunderland, Ipswich and Doncaster last night

Managers will want points in the bag, rather than games in hand ...... and small squads facing fixture congestion, will be dreading exhaustion and burnout, injuries to key players, etc.

For example, Hull last night lost their skipper for the rest of the season.

• Options
    True and good point. More games can also lead to more injuries/suspensions.

I'm actually looking forward to the 2nd half of the season as long as we give 100pc each game and don't over-tinker.