Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Think we should stick with a flat 442? The season we went up we had one formation for most of the season and constantly changing breeds inconsistent results. As much as the diamond worked 2 years ago, I don't think we have the same legs in midfield this season and we get shredded down the wing.

Comments

• Options
    We've actually used it a lot this season.. 

• Options
    Yes, think we should definitely stick with it. That spreadsheet shows how much we have tinkered
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Interesting, though I’d call 4-3-1-2 a 4-4-2 diamond, it’s basically the same thing.

When did we play 3-4-3? I thought when we played 3 at the back it tended to be with two out and out strikers.
  • Options
    I have been saying and thinking and writing (on here) 442 f f s please since last season ..
    let's hope Bowyer's days as the new tinkerman are well and truly behind him .. leave the fancy formations to the clubs who have players with the class and skill to implement them, and I mean no disrespect to the lower division players who are sometimes asked by over ambitious managers to paly in a way that they just can't manage
  • Options
    This is why I have lost it with Bowyer this season. To get out of this division with money is not rocket science. 

442. A tall spine throughout the spine of the side. No light weights like JFC and Morgan. A tall lump of a centre half good in both boxes. Consistent team selection as much as possible. 

Our best run in the championship in 2013? Yann and Fuller up front. Surprised other sides don't follow the Sutton and Shearer approach. 
  • Options
    This is why I have lost it with Bowyer this season. To get out of this division with money is not rocket science. 

442. A tall spine throughout the spine of the side. No light weights like JFC and Morgan. A tall lump of a centre half good in both boxes. Consistent team selection as much as possible. 

Our best run in the championship in 2013? Yann and Fuller up front. Surprised other sides don't follow the Sutton and Shearer approach. 
    Exactly this
  • Options

I like the memories of the S a S partnership .. Blackburn also had Wilcox and Sherwood a couple of tigers in midfield as well as Hendry, Berg and Gale at the back alongside the excellent Tim Flowers in goal .. as you say all quite big men who could play a bit .. and Shearer !! .. What a player .. Jack Walker's cash and Kenny Dalgleish's management were (if you like) the prototype for clubs like Chelsea and Man Citeee, showing what lots of cash and coaching/management expertise can achieve, along with great players of course ((:>)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Interesting, though I’d call 4-3-1-2 a 4-4-2 diamond, it’s basically the same thing.

When did we play 3-4-3? I thought when we played 3 at the back it tended to be with two out and out strikers.

I agree Soham with your first sentence.
    4-4-2 appears to be easier for Charlton players to understand in whichever way the 4 in midfield are set up.