Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£1.50 booking fee has now been removed

This  

Just got email from the club about CAFC Cash for the Gillingham match & with it saying that the booking fee has now been scrapped.

Whoo hoo.

TS is the man.

Comments

• Options
    It just got 13% cheaper to watch Charlton at a time when the production has gotten much better!

Top stuff from TS.
  • Options
    How does CAFC cash work? I've just bought games on a pay as you go basis.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Season ticket is "banked" and money released for home matches on a game by game basis. Just like using a credit note. Basically means you are watching home games for "free" as you have paid for them in advance.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It's for season ticket holders and those who have credit from previous transactions.
  • Options
    This  

Just got email from the club about CAFC Cash for the Gillingham match & with it saying that the booking fee has now been scrapped.

Whoo hoo.

TS is the man.
    Isn't it nice to have an owner and an SMT that listen to feedback!
  • Options
    well done the club....Gills game bought with CAFC cash
  • Options
    Excellent. I had stopped used the CAFC cash because of this
    Same here.

It was OK when you could buy the bundles and were getting 20% off - the £1.50 didn't seem so bad then.

But when we could buy the streams on a match-to-match basis only at full price it seemed a bit of a p155-take so I switched from CAFC Cash to old-fashioned Briston Cash.

I guess from this week I'll go back to CAFC Cash - I just have to remember to buy the stream before Friday lunchtime ...
  • Options
    Excellent. I had stopped used the CAFC cash because of this
    Same here.

It was OK when you could buy the bundles and were getting 20% off - the £1.50 didn't seem so bad then.

But when we could buy the streams on a match-to-match basis only at full price it seemed a bit of a p155-take so I switched from CAFC Cash to old-fashioned Briston Cash.

I guess from this week I'll go back to CAFC Cash - I just have to remember to buy the stream before Friday lunchtime ...
    Agreed, a bundle of games PLUS the programme posted to you was fine for £1.50
  • Options
    Maybe one for the you know you’re getting old thread but I also got the email and it seems to say that if you now pay with cafc cash you no longer have to pay the £1.50 fee that was charged before  but if you pay with ‘actual monies’ instead of cafc cash you will have to pay £1.50 fee (which we didn’t have to pay before)...so basically if you were paying ‘actual monies’ in order to save the cafc cash for next seasons ST it’s going to cost you a £1.50 fee each time from now on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The email sent by the club this morning.

Hey Clive,

We've got two bits of good news for your this morning!

We have now uploaded your CAFC Cash for our game against Gillingham this weekend, so you are now able use this to get your stream for the game.

In addition, we have now removed the booking fee on every transaction for home and away streams bought through the ticketing website with CAFC Cash. This means that you will no longer have to pay the extra £1.50 at the checkout.

Please note that if you wish to purchase with actual monies instead of CAFC Cash, you will still have to pay the booking fee.

The removal of the booking fee for streaming will be in place until the end of the 2020/21 season. 

Please also find a handy how-to guide here, which will show you the steps for using your CAFC Cash on our ticketing website.

Click below to get your stream for the Gillingham game for this weekend! You will have until Friday, 12th February at 2pm to be able to use your CAFC Cash. After this time, you will have to book your stream through Valley Pass.

If you have any questions, you can email us at website@cafc.co.uk

• Options
    Maybe one for the you know you’re getting old thread but I also got the email and it seems to say that if you now pay with cafc cash you no longer have to pay the £1.50 fee that was charged before  but if you pay with ‘actual monies’ instead of cafc cash you will have to pay £1.50 fee (which we didn’t have to pay before)...so basically if you were paying ‘actual monies’ in order to save the cafc cash for next seasons ST it’s going to cost you a £1.50 fee each time from now on
    You may be correct, but if you wish to pay by 'cash' & not log-in to the ticketing office site the cost still appears to be £10.00 & no booking fee.
  • Options
    That's only if you go through the ticket portal, rather than the Valley Pass portal
  • Options
    Just waited until I’d used all my CAFC cash then remove the fee. Bar stewards!!    
  • Options
    Just waited until I’d used all my CAFC cash then remove the fee. Bar stewards!!    
    You'll get more every home game.
  • Options
    Nice that it us gone but to be honest in these circumstances it should  never have been there as it was a surcharge of 15% for being a season ticket holder when we could have lost our money while attempting to help keep the going.

Bear in mind the match fee for old gits in the North Stand is £8.50 a game, it is already costing more to stream before the surcharge it seemed like an extra extra charge.  And £8.50 odd for a game is a bargain, I know that but that us not the issue here. 

It actually  out off bothering a couple  of times ,  I was that annoyed. 

I never minded if I was being sent away or cup tickets in the post having ordered on the phone. But to use my own CAFC money and be charged for it was a big piss take in such circumstances. 
    I simply paid on the day and not in advance needing a code and having to order in advance.

Now I wonder if we will get refunded for the the £1.50 charges we paid ?
    I do sympathise with some of the stick you get, but you do like a moan.
  • Options
    Just tried to purchase the stream for the Gillingham game using CAFC cash, but it is still adding the booking fee. Anyone else had this problem?
  • Options
    Addick93 said:
    Just tried to purchase the stream for the Gillingham game using CAFC cash, but it is still adding the booking fee. Anyone else had this problem?
    No, I just tried it and was able to use my CAFC Cash without having to pay anything else

Did you go in through this link (and were logged in to your ticket office account?

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/streaming-vouchers
  • Options
    Addick93 said:
    No, I just tried it and was able to use my CAFC Cash without having to pay anything else

Did you go in through this link (and were logged in to your ticket office account?

Yes followed that path and still having the problem. Think I’ll give the ticket office a call to try and work out the issue (no doubt costing me the £1.50 in the process!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addick93 said:

The link worked for me. Thank you.
  • Options
    Ditto - thanks. I had bought the Gillingham stream on Monday (and paid the booking fee) but it worked fine for Fleetwood