Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thank you Charlton Fans.

Hi all,

First post here, and just a quick one to say thank you to the Charlton fans who made such kind generous donations to a fundraising appeal for former season ticket holder, Andy Watts.

Father of two, Andy, is in a coma after getting COVID & is also battling incurable stage four lymphoma. He is a black taxi driver, his family have no income coming in, so friends are trying to fundraise to help his wife & kids through this impossible time, with his close friend Paul running a half marathon in his honour.  

I contacted a few Charlton fans on twitter who have a following about the fundraising effort, and the word quickly spread amongst the CAFC twitter community.

This rapidly pushed the total up, and I just wanted to sincerely thank you all. He would be so touched knowing how many of his fellow fans have looked out for his family in this time. HIs family are so grateful that so many kind people are there to help. 

It really is appreciated.

A few local press outlets have pushed it, but unfortunately the trolls were quickly out in force which caused distress to the family, so we asked that they are removed. 

For anyone who may not have seen this yesterday, the link to the GoFundMe page can be found here.

Thanks again, and best of luck for the season & against the Gills tmrw.

Best,
Mark

Comments

• Options
    Thanks so much, Redmidland.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Such a sad story. Would be good if we could get behind this in true Charlton Life style. 

I'm not going to the pub today so have just donated the cost of a couple of pints. Good luck.
    Ha good way to look at it! Wish the pubs were open though! Thanks tho Off-it, much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    £20 donated and fingers crossed Andy gets home to his family soon
  • Options
    Donated.  Well done @MarkJames for making this all happen.
  • Options
    Just stuck £15 in.
  • Options
    Very best wishes to him and his family. 
  • Options
    £20.00 donated, such a sad story hope Andy recovers and goes home to his loved ones.
  • Options
    £20 donated and fingers crossed Andy gets home to his family soon
    Thanks so much!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Donated.  Well done @MarkJames for making this all happen.
    Thank you Jim, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Just stuck £15 in.
    Thanks mate!
  • Options
    £20.00 donated, such a sad story hope Andy recovers and goes home to his loved ones.
    Me too.. Thanks again! You guys really look after your own. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Done. Nice work. Hope he gets back to his family soon.