Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wireless Headphones

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jessie said:
    £200 for a pair of earphones??? 

The worlds gone mad 
    I opened this thread and thought 'wow British people are rich...' as I wouldn't spend more than ¥100 (£11) on a pair of headphones. :D
     £11! What can you get for that in China @Jessie
  • Options
    Big fan of Nura. Nuraphones for overear and nuraloop for ear plugs.
  • Options
    Jessie said:

The worlds gone mad 
    I opened this thread and thought 'wow British people are rich...' as I wouldn't spend more than ¥100 (£11) on a pair of headphones. :D
    Don't think you'd even get the box they came in for 11 quid here.
  • Options
    Big fan of Nura. Nuraphones for overear and nuraloop for ear plugs.
    My brother bought a pair of nuraphones when they were on start up a few years ago. When he let me try them, and set the profile up for me, the sound quality blew me away tbh.
  • Options
    Noise cancelling is the way forward. Can’t see why you might choose anything else. BOSE
  • Options
    I don’t really get the comments about them being expensive or you needing to be rich to buy them. If you love music and appreciate good sound quality it’s worth paying the money for. Also, I’m sure in real terms, quality headphones were more expensive 30/40 years ago.
  • Options
    I have cheap Anker wireless headphones for when walking, cheap pair of MPow earbuds for when working out on the Peloton and a pair of Bose Noise Cancelling for when travelling. 

You don't have to spend loads of money, but can't beat the Bose imo. Great purchase, make any journey that more bearable. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I usually only spend about £5-£10 on headphones - they do the job but they don't last long and I have been through so many pairs over the years - not great sustainability wise! I have saved a bit of money, what with having no social life for about a year (so far), so thought I'd invest in a quality pair of headphones. I am probably only going to spend around the £100 mark (erring towards AKGs after reading some good reviews) - hopefully they'll last a long time so I don't have to constantly buy new pairs.

Saying this, we're on half-term which usually means my partner thinks of at least 5 new DIY projects we absolutely have to do - so the money might be quickly swallowed up into buying new worktops or cupboard doors - isn't being an adult fun.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried Aftershokz? The bone conduction headphones. My friend let me try hers the other day - that was an odd experience!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried Aftershokz? The bone conduction headphones. My friend let me try hers the other day - that was an odd experience!
    Considered them for running, but I didn't like them. Very odd experience as you say. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jessie said:

The worlds gone mad 
    Bose, Beats etc. are obviously very expensive but some Sony (made in China) headphones/earphones can be as cheap as less than ¥140 (£15). As for myself, I'm not very into this sort of thing so brands like Philips are okay for me which are even cheaper.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Jessie said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Jessie said:

The worlds gone mad 
    Bose, Beats etc. are obviously very expensive but some Sony (made in China) headphones/earphones can be as cheap as less than ¥140 (£15). As for myself, I'm not very into this sort of thing so brands like Philips are okay for me which are even cheaper.
    Yep we definitely do not get deals anywhere near as good as those, we do get budget variants from the leading brands but they're often poor. Hence why I am using Anker. Much better value for under £100. 
  • Options
    I use Sony for my turntables but for everyday use I wouldn’t be without my beats solo 3 , incredible sound 
  • Options

The worlds gone mad 
    Yeah, definitely ..... you could watch Charlton lose 20 games a season on Valley Pass for that £200.

Now that's value for money. :neutral:

• Options
    I’ve never bought a pair of earphones / headphones. I’ve only ever used the free ones you get with your phone. 

Can they really make that much difference? Ive always been able to hear music or a podcast fine with those.

Got bought a pair of wireless over ear ones for running for Xmas, but not been able to run and use them yet
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

The worlds gone mad 
    You're not wrong, 15 years ago you could have got a top of the range Klipsch pair for under £100.

The mad thing is most people listen to compressed music anyway, mp3s and various streamed formats.

Noise canceling will add a wedge too, it's an expensive tech as the headphones need to contain microphones.
    My Klipsch X10i were and still he best I’ve ever had sound wise and were very comfortable. But the cable quality was absolutely shocking considering the price of them. 
  • Options
    Noise cancelling is the way forward. Can’t see why you might choose anything else. BOSE
    Because BOSE stands for Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

• Options
    I’ve never bought a pair of earphones / headphones. I’ve only ever used the free ones you get with your phone. 

Can they really make that much difference? Ive always been able to hear music or a podcast fine with those.

Got bought a pair of wireless over ear ones for running for Xmas, but not been able to run and use them yet
    As someone mentioned, most people will listen to Spotify, etc so the difference is there but not as good as the headphones are capable of.

To make the most of them you want lossless audio files which do make helluva difference.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I have a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixcder-Cancelling-Headphones-Microphone-Comfortable-Black/dp/B077TRXYCN/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=mixcder+headphones&qid=1613476498&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Great headphones, wireless (or wired if you prefer), very comfortable and the noise cancelling really does take away any outside noise. Change out of £43.00 as well. They also fold flat to store in the case provide as well. Check out the reviews.
  • Options
    Got a free pair of beats solo over ear wireless headphones from Apple when I bought my desktop computer from them.
    A few years ago now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I recommend just playing your music out loud on your phone. I do it on the train every morning and I think people really get a kick out of it. 
    The tinny rasping sound from most/ all? headphones should be the only criterion to judge them by. I don't know any that would pass that test but would be pleased to find out, then i will recommend the brand to occasional (all too common) assholes on the woolwich line that seems to think everyone else wants to hear their choice of sounds.