Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Pope - Best Goalie in the World - Sell On Clause ??

Bearing in mind our Nick is statistically the best Goalie in the Premiership and wins Man of the Match awards pretty much every week - again tonight, then given the international prestige of the Premiership he must have a good claim to be the best Goalie in the World. 
My supplementary question on this is do we still have a sell on clause ? Surely he will move to a bigger side than Burnley in the summer and the fee should be enormous, c £50m or more - could be a great pay day if we haven’t already cashed it in on the cheap. 

Comments

• Options
    Richard Crawley reported, in July 2018, that the sell on clause was worth in excess of 20%. There were rumours, at that time, that Liverpool were looking to buy him. 
  • Options
    To be honest every major team already has a goalkeeper set for the next 5 years+ 

Tottenham to my knowledge are the only exception. 
  • Options
    To be honest every major team already has a goalkeeper set for the next 5 years+ 

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Kasper Schmeichel is 34, wouldn't surprise me if Everton were looking.

I don't know if any of them would go for him but I don't think any of them wouldn't be intrested in a new goal keeper. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Kasper Schmeichel is 34, wouldn't surprise me if Everton were looking.

I don't know if any of them would go for him but I don't think any of them wouldn't be intrested in a new goal keeper. 
    Arsenal literally dropped the best keeper in the League currently because they're very happy with Leno. 

Man United have Henderson who is 23. 

Chelsea have Mendy + Kepa on big wages. 

I don't think Leicester are going to spend huge money on a new Keeper as they will need to replace Vardy soon. 

Everton could but Pickford is 26 and Pope is 28 so not likely. 
  • Options
    He's is 28 by the way.
  • Options
    Southall probably sold the sell on clause for £50 and a tit job for his wife. The £50 went on deadline day snacks and a sooper dooper deal phone.
    Dammit!  I knew I never trusted him...
  • Options
    He's is 28 by the way.
    Certainly had to be older than 22
  • Options
    28 is still a prime age for a keeper and a move need not be in the UK. 
    Surely there would be European teams who would take him in a flash. He is worth a one goal start for Burnley pretty much every game. If Southgate wasn’t a complete ( ex Palace) twerp he’d be picking Pope ahead of Pickford and that would help for World exposure 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's obviously not 22. It just feels like he should still be under 25 at least! 

• Options
    He would be mad at 28 not to try to push a move to a bigger club.  Good enough and chance of silverware rather than trying to stay up each year.  Suspect he will move on, value £30M+.  Just depends if Burnley try to do a swap deal of some sort.
  • Options
    That nice Mr Klopp has been having troubles with his current crop of net keepers.
  • Options
    Sod Pope being 28, how the fck is Kasper Schmeical 34????

Thats blown me away and made me feel very old. 
    Dont get how Jessie Lingard is 28 either!!
  • Options
    Pope is a very long distance away from being the best keeper in the world. He's a great shot stopper but he's not very good with his feet and that will hold him back from signing for a big club in the future. Top teams all like to play with a keeper who can play out; Cech was moved on for Leno because he kept nearly passing into his own goal, Alisson (usually) is a good passer, Ederson is basically a midfielder and England and Everton continue to choose Pickford despite him being a car crash because he can pass. Pope is a bit like Joe Hart in that respect, back when he was good, so he's most likely to get a move to a team like West Ham if they can afford it, or Tottenham at a pinch if Lloris continues playing the way he has.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    That nice Mr Klopp has been having troubles with his current crop of net keepers.
    I don't think Klopp would swap Alisson for Pope. Not a chance. 
  • Options
    Alison's kicking has been terrible of late I don't recall this being a problem before, but if it continues they may look for an alternative in the summer.
  • Options
    Alison's kicking has been terrible of late I don't recall this being a problem before, but if it continues they may look for an alternative in the summer.
    Keepers like Alisson and Ederson are always going to make a silly mistake when they are playing practically like CB's. Be very shocked if they consider a replacement in the summer. Comes back to partnerships for me, similar to us with Amos. Amos was at his best when we had Inniss and Famewo in front of him, Alisson no doubt the same. Liverpool have had to chop and change at CB, it's bound to bring about inconsistency and like the whole team, confidence/form is just down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on this thread alone, I have added Pope to my fantasy football team.
  • Options
    I thought Alison's kicking was poor against Liepzig too. I'm wondering if he has an injury or if it is becoming a psychological issue for him. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Pope makes too many saves with his legs in my opinion. Makes me think his positioning or balance isn't quite correct. 

Obviously I am an expert and will not entertain any suggestions my opinion is wrong. 
    A bit like Pat Jennings used to
  • Options
    Richard Crawley reported, in July 2018, that the sell on clause was worth in excess of 20%. There were rumours, at that time, that Liverpool were looking to buy him. 
    rest assured, if the sell on clause didn't already have an expiry date, the twunt will have sold it out for a pittance as he was winding down his CAFC fiasco, monetising everything in his witless attempts to mitigate his London football clusterfuck
  • Options
    rest assured, if the sell on clause didn't already have an expiry date, the twunt will have sold it out for a pittance as he was winding down his CAFC fiasco, monetising everything in his witless attempts to mitigate his London football clusterfuck
    Or written it in he still gets it, he did it with his club before us, he was still pocketing sell ons and any profit made on players he signed 
  • Options
    Burnley value Pope at £50m, let us hope there is a sell on fee
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Burnley value Pope at £50m, let us hope there is a sell on fee
    To Tottenham? https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/nick-pope-transfer-burnley-tottenham-19915025
  • Options
    Nick pope won't be a first choice for a top team, he isn't the dashing off his line technical keeper teams want.
  • Options
    I much prefer a very good shot stopper than a keeper who comes dashing out of his area or tries the tango with his back 4 ala Allison.
  • Options
    I think Pope really needs to spend the summer working on his technique with the ball at his feet. 

He will not move to a bigger team if he can't manage to play out from the back successfully. 

There's a difference between being a bit awkward, and just being plain bad at it like Pope has been the last couple of games for England.