Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard interviewed on the “Totally Football League Show” Podcast

With George Elek & Ali Maxwell. Interview starts at 26 minutes.

https://twitter.com/thetotallyshow/status/1362427595787272195?s=21

Comments

• ‘Worst case scenario is another season in league one’
  • The comments of the presenters after the interview had finished are worth listening to.
  • sammy391 said:
    ‘Worst case scenario is another season in league one’
    He'll be saying the same thing this time between season......
  • Expects top 6 this season. I'm glad someone does! 
  • edited February 2021
    sammy391 said:
    ‘Worst case scenario is another season in league one’
    Going to League 2 is worse. 
    I think even Golfie wouldn't suggest we could go down so another season here is worst case for now.
  • ‘player for player best squad in the league’ - if so then Bowyer is definitely under performing and I’m sure TS won’t take it too kindly if we finish outside the top six.

Problem with ‘worst case scenario is another season in League One’ because there is no guarantee it would only be another one. It’s much better to get out of it this season, a change might have given us a fighting chance.
    Might still occur. Hopefully it won't be required.
  • Relax, relax, relax ... you have all made schoolboy errors.

I used to be like you ... taking Sandgaard's public comments on face value ... until ForeverAddickted put me right.

Apparently, Sandgaard's statements are to be taken with 'a pinch of salt'.  Apparently he only says them to 'curry favour' with the fans.

European football within seven years?  In 2028, we'll all look back on this and laugh ... and Sandgaard will say 'Whoosh!"

I can't believe you all fell for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• But I thought we should only compare ourselves to Wigan, and their best case scenario will to be still in this league, and indeed still a football team next season.... 
  • ‘One of the best squads in the league’ certainly doesn’t sound like a team that’s over achieving.
  • It certainly sounds like there's only one man denying the playoffs are a target. But was that an agitated heat of the moment comment?

I genuinely think the overachieving comment was meant to be underachieving.
  • Dave Rudd said:
    Relax, relax, relax ... you have all made schoolboy errors.

I used to be like you ... taking Sandgaard's public comments on face value ... until ForeverAddickted put me right.

Apparently, Sandgaard's statements are to be taken with 'a pinch of salt'.  Apparently he only says them to 'curry favour' with the fans.

European football within seven years?  In 2028, we'll all look back on this and laugh ... and Sandgaard will say 'Whoosh!"

I can't believe you all fell for it.
    Wow... Some fans on here are becoming proper tools arent they of late!!

Think thats the politest way I can put it
    🤔😉
  • Dave Rudd said:

Curry flavour?
  • I think Dave is saying that FA believes Sandgaard is Madras-ing up his expectations of the squad.
  • edited February 2021
    I think Dave is hoping we will start playing in a Barcelona-esque Tikka-taka passing style. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Curry flavour?
    Back on pot noodles already? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Our interviewees should clarify with LB if he meant over or under achieving! That would clear it up. I guess he's never wrong so will airbrush an answer as to how we are both over and under achieving, propa Saaf East London styleee!
  • I enjoyed that interview, interesting comments from TS but also the short chat afterwards by the two presenters.
    TS clearly has ambition for the club, both on and off the pitch. Valley Pass was his idea and he is rightly proud of it, and is looking to expand Charlton's global branding. As for the worst case scenario of 1 more season in this league, I think he is looking realistically that we may not get promoted this season and he is ready for that should that be the outcome, but he is not writing it off like many people are. As he says we have a lot of games yet to play and other teams may have a 'blip', which is only echoing what Curbs had been saying over the last few weeks. We finally have an owner with ambition, but one that is not going to be a knee-jerk owner. He has built a very successful business in the States, and I'm confident that he'll do the same for CAFC.
    a very successful medical supplies company. I’d hazard a guess that if you don’t show patience with clear directional thinking in that industry you’d simply not survive or give up and go into something else. 
  • I can't see Bowyer lasting past October unless we are already promoted (unlikely) or a strong top 6 contender.
  • I can't see Bowyer lasting past October unless we are already promoted (unlikely) or a strong top 6 contender.
    He won’t be in charge for the first game of next season, confident on this. 
  • edited February 2021
    I can't see Bowyer lasting past October unless we are already promoted (unlikely) or a strong top 6 contender.
    Agree, he will be here for the rest of this season. But there's no excuse for a poor start next season with a full proper summer transfer window behind him.
  • Very much on a knife edge scenario with Lee, failure to gain promotion either automatic (very unlikely)
    or via playoffs will leave Thomas with a major headache regarding who we start next season with in charge.
    Thomas has really laid his cards on the table now with the "worst case scenario " bit, and we haven't seen him in action with his ruthless hat on yet, may not be good viewing
  • J BLOCK said:
    I can't see Bowyer lasting past October unless we are already promoted (unlikely) or a strong top 6 contender.
    He won’t be in charge for the first game of next season, confident on this. 
    Why so confident?
  • Chunes said:
    I liked the parts where Sandgaard said we have been unlucky with injuries, losing our best players for long periods. That we have been largely unlucky in games. And that we have a new squad that was built late and is still learning to play together. No doubt somebody will try to reverse engineer these statements but I appreciate that he is taking a larger view.
    Or just trying to sing from Bowyers hymn sheet. 

You can have the best players in the league but if you decide to play your right back at centre half, or your left back on the right wing (and it doesn't work) at some point you have to start questioning the conductor.
  • edited February 2021
    In the last couple of weeks Sandgaard has stated......

"best forward line"
    "best players "
    "Worse case scenario......"

Piling on the pressure. Can Bowyer take it ?Can he turn our form around ?