Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Leuth said:
    Left back area has looked defensively vulnerable all afternoon. 
    Fucksake sorry to bang on but Maatsen was pretty much the only one you can't blame there, he was with his man the whole time. Shinnie just didn't track his and I don't know what happened in the middle
    Don’t think he said anything about Maatsen other than that side has been weak. He’s right.

He did nothing wrong there but they’ve worked out that’s where they can attack us. It’s our weakest area.
    That's mostly because Shinnie for all his merits is just extremely lightweight
    I agree. Would probably look good in a game where we’re in the front foot but that partnership is a disaster this game.
  • Options
    Shinnie running though treacle for that goal.

We need to find a Kinsella and Parker to do the dirty and let him play. 
  • Options
    Fleetwood player gets his head to the ball but it goes wide.
  • Options
    One of the worst games I’ve watched in a long long while
  • Options
    We've had 0 gameplan for the conditions in the first half.
  • Options
    When are we going to go on this run for promotion then?
    Next season  ;)
  • Options
    Second half
  • Options
    Fleetwood have had more chances to score than us in this half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who said that?
  • Options
    HT 1-1
  • Options
    That goal music was odd
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Fucksake sorry to bang on but Maatsen was pretty much the only one you can't blame there, he was with his man the whole time. Shinnie just didn't track his and I don't know what happened in the middle
    @Leuth you watch Maatsen every game like I watched Powell in his England debut v Spain! 

Just watch the game mate and not have so much obsession with one player 
    I would love to defend Smith instead but we haven't given him the ball more than about 3 times so there's nothing to defend
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Well it won’t be this season...
  • Options
    Going to be another potential Yeovil style game with the wind

Either the ball is getting a helping hand from the wind or we're just constantly over hitting it... The other way has seen the ball hang in their air more, be interesting to see if its just Fleetwood who are able to deal with it more than us 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    @Leuth you watch Maatsen every game like I watched Powell in his England debut v Spain! 

Just watch the game mate and not have so much obsession with one player 
    I was at that game up at Villa Park. Messy weekend in Birmingham 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Strange half really.  Feels like we were the betrer side to me, but yet we go in level!
  • Options
    Fleetwood had the better half imo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lack of service for Schwartz yes, but get involved more ffs. He doesn’t do anything - Washington might not be as good at finishing but he holds it up well and can finish himself
    Washington wouldn’t do much better, we’ve barely played any football on the floor after scoring.
  • Options
    That goal music was odd
    Apart from the obvious two, it’s the worst I’ve ever heard. 
  • Options
    Lack of service for Schwartz yes, but get involved more ffs. He doesn’t do anything - Washington might not be as good at finishing but he holds it up well and can finish himself
    But Schwartz is a better finisher isn’t he

So if you set up in a way that means he gets service from the midfield then he’s the better option

What I don’t understand is why we’ve put him in the 11 but not given him any service at all
  • Options
    That goal music was odd
    Captain Pugwash :)
  • Options
    It's like our fans think Schwartz should be able to stand still and receive the ball whenever he wants! Just feels like we play with 10 men when he plays, because it's not like he is winning us the ball back either. 
  • Options
    I know it's windy, but how many times have we just walloped the ball straight out for a goal kick. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    What a dreadful game. I can't wait til we get out of this league, whenever that may be. And I sincerely hope we never return. It is the pits.
  • Options
    Why is Shinnie on the left in the first place? Even his cross for our goal come from him being in a more central position. Add to the fact we’ve got DJ on the bench, I just don’t really get it.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Captain Pugwash goal music!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!