Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is the next 'best player in the world'?

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was always whichever of our squad players that was not getting picked... Innis for now but when he is back maybe it will go to JFC or Gilbey?
  • Options
    Mbappe will be, but Neymar shouldn't be discounted. 
  • Options
    Mbappe is like a young Thierry Henry and is special.  Incredibly quick thinking brain and feet to match.  If he can stay fit he'll be a force to reckon with and would fit in over in this league.

Haaland is a complete freak.  He's huge, strong, fast and absolutely devastating in front of goal.  His finishing is incredible.  His interview technique is really funny though - he literally cannot be arsed to do interviews and just wants to play football.  I would love him to come to the Premier League - him and Sancho have a great understanding already so anyone that can afford both is getting probably 8-10 years of trophies.

Foden is quite an interesting one as he has an incredible touch and vision and a great low centre of gravity.  He's not your typical english player and you can see why people are talking of him in the same way as they were Gazza.  Pep has limited his minutes over the last couple of years where the temptation must have been to just keep playing him.  Hopefully this leads to his longevity at the top level because he looks set to be incredible for us.

De Ligt at Juve is also special but defenders are rarely thought of in these conversations - but he is decent.  Probably struggling a bit to justify his transfer fee of €75m but he is certainly a bit tasty.

Fati - A bit too soon to say but early indications are he's going to be a threat but same potential risks as Mbappe with his speed.
  • Options
    Haaland for me freak of nature how strong and fast he is and what a good natural striker of the ball he is too. Mbappe up there too but Haaland I make an effort to watch 

Don't take the piss but I also love watching Jack Grealish play football too, if he was Spanish or Italian they would build a national team round him 
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how that Patson Daka @ RB Salzburg does as well
  • Options
    To think there were people who wanted Foden to leave City, when it was always in his best interest to learn from Pep and watch David Silva in that position. It's the footballing equivalent of an Oxbridge education. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Haaland for me freak of nature how strong and fast he is and what a good natural striker of the ball he is too. Mbappe up there too but Haaland I make an effort to watch 

Don't take the piss but I also love watching Jack Grealish play football too, if he was Spanish or Italian they would build a national team round him 
    Agree about Grealish he is a fabulous player and England team should be built around him.

Was it Spurs that nearly signed him but wouldn't go higher than £30 million? They must be kicking themselves now. 
  • Options
    I think Mo Salah is up there.  
  • Options
    Mbappe is definitely the one in the best position to get to those levels.
  • Options
    Carter said:

It's because he was brought up on puddings and pies. Often over looked that Dortmund's wunderkind front three were born in London, Sunderland and Leeds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genuinely not sure who the best player in the world is now.

Messi and Ronaldo are down a level from where they've been, Modric too, De Bruyne and Naymar have had injures, Mbappe was a bit poor at the Euros....

Lewandowski?
  • Options

Messi and Ronaldo are down a level from where they've been, Modric too, De Bruyne and Naymar have had injures, Mbappe was a bit poor at the Euros....

Lewandowski?
    Bruno Fernandes, Romelu Lukaku and Haaland are right up there.

But CR7 is the best in the world right now, if "down a level" equates to being the Euros golden boot winner, and breaking the all time international goals record by singlehandedly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in a WC qualifier game by scoring a last minute brace, then I'd love to know what you think keeping that level would have entailed
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Lewandowski?
    Bruno Fernandes, Romelu Lukaku and Haaland are right up there.

But CR7 is the best in the world right now, if "down a level" equates to being the Euros golden boot winner, and breaking the all time international goals record by singlehandedly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in a WC qualifier game by scoring a last minute brace, then I'd love to know what you think keeping that level would have entailed
    Ronaldo is still a fantastic player.

He's also definitely not the same player he was, which at 36 is fair enough.
  • Options
    Curbs 16/1
  • Options
    Easy question to answer…..Ronnie Schwartz 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Haaland for me. 
    Played 158
    Scored 112
    Assists 31

143 goal interactions in 158 game.
  • Options
    KDB has got to worth a shout? 
  • Options
    I watch Mbappe and dream of what could have been for Kevin Lisbie 
  • Options
    People back in February mentioning Foden in the same sentence as Messi & Ronaldo.  :):):)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jason Pearce
    You’re joking, right?

Clearly Naby Sarr!
  • Options
    Pedri will become the best in the world.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Haaland and Foden
    with the greatest respect it won’t be Foden.
  • Options
    Freddy Adu.

Seemed to get younger every time there was a report about him. He's probably still only 22.
    32 which surprised me, I would have said early 40’s. Your joke comment was as close as my real guess 😬
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Pedri will become the best in the world.
    This is a good shout. He is outrageously talented for just 18. If he adds goals to his game over the next few years he's going to be up there with the very best.
  • Options

I think we’ve been spoilt over the last decade with both Messi and Ronaldo who were without question head and shoulders way above even the next best. Once those two are gone I think it’s going to be much harder to anoint the next emperor. I doubt one will be head and shoulders above the rest of the cream.
  • Options
    Still Harry Kane