Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What gym machine / piece of equipment you missed the most?

Not been in gym since March last year and not done anything at home other than running.

Cross Trainer for me.

The low impact of it good for my ageing joints, and inclines used to really help support running building strength in my legs

Comments

• Options
    yuk!

• Options
    cross trainer
  • Options
    Squat rack
  • Options

I never thought I'd miss @ricky_otto’s prick!

• Options
    It's the variety of machines I miss most, but forced to choose one I'd say the rowing machine
  • Options
    Just about to start building one on Monday so will never have to return to a paying one!
  • Options
    Never go to the gym, but not playing 5 a side is easily the biggest loss for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely NOT the stairclimber. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Like Killer said, the variety of options is the biggest thing for me, all I've got at home is a 16kg kettlebell which I only got delivered last month so been doing mostly bodyweight before then which gets boring fast. If I had to choose though just a bench would be super useful as can do so much with it

I mostly train Brazilian jiu-jitsu and supplement it with a bit of S+C in the gym a couple days a week, so the thing I miss most really is the atmosphere and the exhaustion in the gym after a tough training session leaving the gym feeling broken.
  • Options
    Swimming pool and rowing machine
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Squat rack
    this + a bench are all you need + somewhere for you to do pull ups/dips. 
  • Options
    If I had to pick one type of equipment it would be dumbbells.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Squat rack
    Seems like you're missing out @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    The ale pump machine....
  • Options
    Bench 
  • Options
    The heavenly beautiful Polish girl on the reception desk who gives me a free towel and a completely unforced smile whenever I go in 

And the cross trainer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fortunate to have built my own home gym/office in lockdown 1, but I do miss having the proper free weights... Going to purchase a load of upgrades for my birthday in May, which Lewis Page and Ben Purrington can leave alone for once... 

I hate spinlock equipment and vinyl plates. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Squat rack
    Yep. I've got a bench, some squat stands, a pull-up/dip/pulley stand and some BBs, DBs and about 120kg of weight.  It's a good enough set up to have maintained most of my size, and an exercise bike in front of the telly keeps the weight stable. But working, relaxing and working out in the same room daily makes it hard to keep motivated. It's also much harder to train around any niggles, as there's still a limit to what exercises I can do for muscle group.

Can't wait to get some variation back into my workouts. 
  • Options
    All free weights.  

Been doing bodyweight/ calisthenics and chin up bar the only bit of equipment.

Physique has not changed much, maybe gone from adonis to men's health cover model but let's not split hairs.

Really miss the gym and barbells e.g. squats and deadlifts and can't weight to get back.

Don't miss the shit music they seem to play though.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    Squat rack
    Yep. I've got a bench, some squat stands, a pull-up/dip/pulley stand and some BBs, DBs and about 120kg of weight.  It's a good enough set up to have maintained most of my size, and an exercise bike in front of the telly keeps the weight stable. But working, relaxing and working out in the same room daily makes it hard to keep motivated. It's also much harder to train around any niggles, as there's still a limit to what exercises I can do for muscle group.

What's your current weights plan look like @Croydon

I, like you am a bit bored of doing the usual compounds (with some supporting isolation bits) on a 5*5 or 3*12 routine

• Options
    Cross trainer and bike.  I can compose my thoughts and unwind whilst listening to something I want to listen to without having to worry about motorists trying to kill me

I just started to get back in the habit just as lockdown kicked in and I've missed it...and bloody need to get back in the zone.

Not long now
  • Options
    sauna and steam for the hangover
  • Options
    Bike. Miss the routine of a 30 minute ride before my session.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    Squat rack

What's your current weights plan look like @Croydon

I, like you am a bit bored of doing the usual compounds (with some supporting isolation bits) on a 5*5 or 3*12 routine

Current split is push, pull, legs, repeat. Found increasing the frequency allows me to then keep the sessions shorter, and therefore less daunting when I log off from the computer in the evening. Usually follow something like the below:

Push 1                                                            Push 2

Bench press                                                  Incline bench

Incline DB fly                                                 Flat DB press

DB shoulder press                                        DB front raise

Side raises                                                    side raises

Dips                                                             cable pushdown

Pull 1                                                              Pull 2

WG pull ups                                                 Underhand chins

BB row                                                          DB row

Shrugs                                                          T bar row

Rear delt fly                                                  band face pulls

Hammer curls                                               DB curls

Legs 1                                                             Legs 2

Squats                                                            Front squats

Good mornings                                              lunges

DB leg extension                                            RDLs

Calf raises                                                      calf raises

Rep range is 6-10 in the main, but if I'm lacking in imagination/motivation on any given day I'll do some GVT on a compound exercise and just call it a day after. 

Realise I'm very fortunate to be able to do as much as I can, and have got mates who've dedicated lives to bodybuilding making do with nothing but resistance bands, but I cannot wait to just sit on some pin loaded machines for some 'fluff' work 😅