Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• 11 years !!  
  • Came from behind. What has gone wrong in that 11 year period?
  • That was a messy away day. Arrived in Southend at 11am. 
  • That was from our first season back in the third tier of English football in 29 years ...
    we are now in our 7th in 12 seasons , fucking shameful shit 
  • Loved watching Kyel Reid play, underrated!
  • That was from our first season back in the third tier of English football in 29 years ...
    we are now in our 7th in 12 seasons , fucking shameful shit 
    It's been a bloody awful time, a few bright sparks but overall just dire. 

One day we get somewhere back to stability and been a little hope, one day
    we are now in our 7th in 12 seasons ,
    Ugh, this really is the lost era....
  • Since we first gained promotion from the third tier in 1929 (after 8 seasons of League football)

In the next 80 years we had 3 spells in the third tier
    2 seasons 1933-5
    3 seasons 1972-5
    1 season 1980-1

In the last 12 seasons we have had 3 spells in the third tier
    3 seasons 2009-12
    3 seasons 2016-19
    1 season and counting 2020-?

6 seasons in 80 years

7 seasons in 12 years 

These are the crappiest times in our history imo 
    as a club growing and moving up the local league’s then establishing ourselves in the Football League and now this 
  • I picked up a handgun and a bottle of scotch on the way home today ... 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Since we first gained promotion from the third tier in 1929 (after 8 seasons of League football)

In the next 80 years we had 3 spells in the third tier
    2 seasons 1933-5
    3 seasons 1972-5
    1 season 1980-1

In the last 12 seasons we have had 3 spells in the third tier
    3 seasons 2009-12
    3 seasons 2016-19
    1 season and counting 2020-?

6 seasons in 80 years

7 seasons in 12 years 

These are the crappiest times in our history imo 
    as a club growing and moving up the local league’s then establishing ourselves in the Football League and now this 
    Shameful really and all started with Murrays treatment of Curbs. Pure jealousy. Basically in the last 12 years we've had 3 good seasons and 9 shit ones. I'm including Powells first season in the championship. 
  • Loved watching Kyel Reid play, underrated!
    I was there that night. To the left of the goal & right in line with his shot. As soon as he struck it I knew it was in. 

Southend away has given us some scenes over the years. The "hanky" match, Belieks winner & the late sending offs are just a few to add to this match. 
  • Southend are now 22nd in League Two and in danger of playing non-league football next year. What happened there? Grimsby are bottom of the table, as well. Remember them being a decent Div 1 side back in the day. 
  • What a night that was. Stayed in a b&b with @Glass half empty started off in The Foresters with a minibus load from The Red Barn and ended up in TOTS at the end of the night. A few locals knew we were Charlton so I asked the DJ to play a dedication to my mate Nicky Bailey as it was his birthday.

Went to a busy kebab shop about 3 in the morning and one of us started singing the Nicky Bailey song very quietly and one by one, the whole place ended up singing it at the top of our voices. Turned out pretty much everyone in there were addicks. The owner was a bit bemused but thought it was hilarious.
  • Chunes said:
    Southend are now 22nd in League Two and in danger of playing non-league football next year. What happened there? Grimsby are bottom of the table, as well. Remember them being a decent Div 1 side back in the day. 
    Grimsby had a cracking striker in the mid 90s. Can’t remember his name 
  • This was one of my all time favourite away games. 11 bloody years ago. Jeez. 
  • Brilliant day
    Left the ground at 1-0 time we got in pub was 2-1