Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blank Cassette Tapes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes I have a feeling it was Pink Floyd
    Should have known that with your user name  ;)
  • Options
    TDK on the banned list what with its association of palarse.
    That reminds me of when my friends were surprised when I told them that I never bought my records in Virgin. When they asked why I simply stated in all earnestly that it would be like giving money to Palace. I've never flown Virgin either. Be careful who you associate with!
  • Options
    If you could tape the chart show next Sunday with Dr Fox and pause through the talking, it would be appreciated 
    I've still got a recording of the Top 40 from December 1980 just after John Lennon died. 

Listening to the talking is the best bit now because the songs themselves are easily accessible online.
  • Options
    Did anyone else before radio-cassette decks record off the radio using a microphone?

That was a laugh - having to ask everyone 'to be quiet when you go upstairs because I'm recording', otherwise you'd have a album with your Mum announcing 'dinner's ready' in the middle of it.

@LargeAddick
    @golfaddick
  • Options
    Interesting article here (especially the bit about he perils of DC amplifiers) about Charlie Watkins the inventor of the WEM Copicat - the thing I was trying to think of earlier.  I believe that  Floyd may have experimented with more than one of these with tape slung between them.

https://www.soundonsound.com/people/charlie-watkins

• Options
    Interesting video here about Hainbach, a German Producer who has a passion for all things analog, has a whole series of videos about using vintage tape machines and scientific test equipment to make music, which isn't as daft as it sounds given that the basis of all synthesis is a sinewave or square waveform.

https://youtu.be/hdQnpg7b3Vw