Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glenn Roeder - RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP Glenn
  • Options
    This has really upset me. A classy player and person who has died far too young. RIP
  • Options
    Before my time as a player, never rated him as a manager but always came across as a decent fella. Signed Bowyer for West Ham too. RIP
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Classy defender for Orient and QPR. Remember him well  

Rip. 
    Defensive midfielder, I think, creator of what QPR fans called ‘the Roeder shuffle’, the trick where while dribbling you dummy with your right foot while playing the ball with your left. No age to go. RIP Glenn. 
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    Sad news, though I wish the BBC hadn't said the following on their website

"As a player, Glenn enjoyed success with QPR and Newcastle, among others, before establishing himself as one of the country's top coaches, with a well-earned reputation for developing young players, including the likes of Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson and Jermain Defoe during his time with West Ham United.

RIP Glenn.

• Options
    RIP 
    65 years old surprised me,  had him mid late 50’s 
  • Options
    Classy from Pearson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Richard J said:
    Classy defender for Orient and QPR. Remember him well  

Rip. 
    Defensive midfielder, I think, creator of what QPR fans called ‘the Roeder shuffle’, the trick where while dribbling you dummy with your right foot while playing the ball with your left. No age to go. RIP Glenn. 
    Centre-back at QPR. Partnered Bob Hazell in the 1982 FA Cup Final but was suspended from the replay. Terry Fenwick moved from right-back and Warren Neill came in.

The double-shuffle was a double-step over at high speed. You just about saw his feet move while he was doing it and is one the best bits of pure skill that I've seen. Roeder would just glide past his opponent as if he wasn't there....almost like running through him. It was ideally suited to the fast-running astroturf pitch at Loftus Road).
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Horrible news, rest in peace 

For years we've said having another beer was "having a Glenn" 

He always came across as a decent man 
    One for the Roader?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I remember a slightly later Alan McDonald/Bob Hazel CB partnership, which may have allowed Roeder to play a different role? 
    Anyway, a very good player and by all accounts one of football’s good guys. Lovely tribute from Pearson. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very decent man and if memory serves was a pretty decent manager! Very sad.
  • Options
    May he RIP.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I remember a slightly later Alan McDonald/Bob Hazel CB partnership, which may have allowed Roeder to play a different role? 
    Anyway, a very good player and by all accounts one of football’s good guys. Lovely tribute from Pearson. 
    That's possible. McDonald and Hazell played together from 1983-84 season (McDonald started with us in the latter part of 1982-83 season). Roeder moved to Newcastle in 1983, where he played at the back with Steve Carney and later on with Peter Jackson. 
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Terribly bad news for his family and friends, RIP Mr Roeder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    JamesSeed said:
    That's possible. McDonald and Hazell played together from 1983-84 season (McDonald started with us in the latter part of 1982-83 season). Roeder moved to Newcastle in 1983, where he played at the back with Steve Carney and later on with Peter Jackson. 
    Alan MacDonald did very well on loan with us and we wanted to buy him but couldn't afford the quoted £80k. He is another gone too soon.
  • Options
    A very touching tribute from Jermaine Defoe on talksport yesterday. He was greatly respected within the game, although some may still harbour a grudge Defoe came across very very well 
  • Options
    Oh blimey what a shame, he was a very unassuming man, RIP Glenn, god bless you.