Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TONY ADAMS SUGGESTS ARSENAL SHOULD’VE SIGNED ‘WONDERFUL’ JOE GOMEZ

Comments

• He’s not wrong 
  • There was something really weird about the Gomez transfer. He was well known in the football community as being a hot property, yet Liverpool were the only team linked with him
  • There was something really weird about the Gomez transfer. He was well known in the football community as being a hot property, yet Liverpool were the only team linked with him
    I have a suspicion that there have always been doubts about his fitness, or rather his robustness .. Liverpool probably took a punt because he is such an elegant footballer
  • Agreed.  Why wasn't there a bidding war?  £3.5 as a transfer trigger was a steal and just because Liverpool met that didn't mean no one else could bid.
    I seem to remember he said something about being a Liverpool fan as a kid. I guess they met the release clause and there was only one club he was going to sign for. 
    It was a "stich up" with the agent.  Meir got mugged off.  Although in all honesty he probably won't have signed the contract in the first place without the clause.

The ink wasn't dry when Liverpool knew about, and triggered, the clause.