Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VARNEY INJURED - MISSES TRIP TO SPAIN

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
from Crewe Vital Football site :

Luke Varney has suffered an ankle injury in a friendly for Charlton against Chelsea. The Crewe fans favourite turned his ankle in the match at Chelsea`s Cobham training ground.

It`s a shame for Varney who has made an impact in his two matches to date. He scored on his debut at Welling and also scored in the match behind close doors against Chelsea as did former loan star Madjid Bougherra.

Varney 24, now faces a spell on the sidelines and faces a race against time to be fit for their opening league game against Scunthorpe United at the Valley on August 11th. He will now miss Charlton`s pre-season tour to Spain as he begins his recuperation from injury.

With Varney not travelling with the squad to Spain he may make an appearance at Sutton Park, Quorn on Wednesday to watch his previous teams Crewe and Quorn play in a pre-season friendly.

Comments

• Options
    great that Crewe fans get a better write up of our friendly that we do :-(
  • Options
    Bad news about Luke, but good to see Magic scoring.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]great that Crewe fans get a better write up of our friendly that we do :-([/quote]

This site had a decent report. You should add it to your favourites as they have quite a lot of CAFC stories ;-)

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30996
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]great that Crewe fans get a better write up of our friendly that we do :-(

This site had a decent report. You should add it to your favourites as they have quite a lot of CAFC stories ;-)

http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30996

Crewe write up is still far superior, as it actually mentions the injury.
  • Options
    I am slightly scepitcal that this Crewe site have a greater knowledge of Varney's injury than the Charlton medical team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]great that Crewe fans get a better write up of our friendly that we do :-(

Don't let fact get in the way of a moan please....
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite][quote]

Crewe write up is still far superior, as it actually mentions the injury.[/quote]

And do you think maybe there is a reason for that? IF the story is true then Charlton are hardly going to want it publicised.

The OS has a proper report. The other one just tells you who the scorers are and throws in some speculation about him going to a friendly. If he is injured I'd hope he was working on his fitness not driving up to Cheshire for a meaningless match.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote]
    Don't let fact get in the way of a moan please....[/quote]

Oh, the times I've wanted to say that over the past 12 months ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]

Crewe write up is still far superior, as it actually mentions the injury.

And do you think maybe there is a reason for that? IF the story is true then Charlton are hardly going to want it publicised.

The OS has a proper report. The other won just tells you who the scorers are and throws in some speculation about him going to a friendly. If he is injured I'd hope he was working on his fitness not driving up to Cheshire for a meaningless match.

think Quorn is in Leicestershire. Could be wrong though !!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You are correct Large but it's all up north innit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you mind - its down south!
  • Options
    Don't let the facts get in the way of a moan, Leicester is in the east midlands Fact.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Don't let the facts get in the way of a moan, Leicester is in the east midlands Fact.[/quote]

Is it north of the Thames? Yes Ipso facto it's up north. QED ;-)
  • Options
    Oi Henry! Get your facts right.

Ipso Wich-o is up, no, along east. QED ;-)
  • Options
    The OS has a proper report. The other one just tells you who the scorers are and throws in some speculation about him going to a friendly. If he is injured I'd hope he was working on his fitness not driving up to Cheshire for a meaningless match.

Just guessing but I presume that Varney is the source of this story, perhaps staying in contact with a friend from Crewe, so it might be more than speculation. However as the Supporter's Director maybe you could check this out...
  • Options
    If you're right about the source, BFR, then Luke needs to get his act together and realise he plays for a 'big' team now...where careless talk isn't tolerated. (Isn't that right, Henry?)
  • Options
    I read that title as

MA KNEE INJURED , MISSUS TRIPS IN SPAIN.

time for bed.
  • Options
    No Iwelumo I note.
  • Options
    What, you mean he hasn't gone to Spain, either, Henry?

Great, a striker crisis and the season hasn't even started yet...
  • Options
    I suspect, even if their both injuried, that both will travel to Spain, as most of the senior medical team (Steve Allen etc) will be in Spain, and they'll be a load of team stuff going on as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Crewe story's from a fan site, anyway, and most Vitalfootball sites are absolute bilge.
  • Options
    They'll both go to Spain, even if they're unfit - it's supposed to be a team bonding exercise as well as for fitness.
    No doubt Judy Morris will go too - eh, AFKA? (sorry, wind-up ;-) )

Mind you with all that totty, booze and late nights - it'll be too much rope and, in time honoured manner, our Judy will well and truly hang himself.

Our old mate 'Pop Eye' Dowie had both Youngy & Reidy on the carpet after last years trip. ;-)
  • Options
    Varneys brother?

if this really is varney's brother then how long before he gets told to knock that on the 'ed?
  • Options
    Some people are so desperate for a bit of attention...
  • Options
    Blimey with this injury crisis why on earth did we let lisbie go??? and keep Marcus Bent???

now where's my coffee?