Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand Prix

a Super-charged, high octane, thrill-a-minute exciting spectator sport?

or

a mid-numbingly boring procession of cars - just like the M25?

Comments

• 2nd one, was in the pub a few weeks back and saw a group of lads huddled near the widescreen,i thought oh nice one abit of footie,no the sad freaks were watching lewis hamilton trying to get pole postion for a race that was on the next day............sad.
  • absolute waste of time would rather watch America Football than that - which is saying somefink
  • formula 1, is tosh

moto gp is fuckn brilliant, got reet in2 it now there's no footy on saturdays to watch
  • Touring cars are great! - Bumper cars for real :)
  • Motorcycle racing is the bollocks.

Formula 1 racing is just bollocks.
  • A sport for the fat kids at school who were crap at proper games, and just gave up trying. A bit like fishing.

BTW, I was a fat kid at school who was crap at proper games.... but I kept on trying!
  • Scrambling...That's the only motor sport that interests me. Had the pleasure to attend a meeting at Canada Heights (Nr Farningham, Kent) a few months ago and it was spectacular. Was on an official engagement so got to go in the pits, meet the riders and sit on one of the bikes. All that power between your legs...ooer Missus
  • absolute chuff..... the only highlight being when there's a crash ..FACT
  • Love F1 I'ts not a sport for watching on TV, LIVE is the only way to watch it end of. I'd hazard a guess that most of the above people have never been to one. TV does not do the cars or engines justice.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Love F1 I'ts not a sport for watching on TV, LIVE is the only way to watch it end of. I'd hazard a guess that most of the above people have never been to one. TV does not do the cars or engines justice.

As a spectator sport it ranks right up there with golf - absolutely pointless!!!

As for never having been to one, well I've never been to a ladies football match before - but I still know that it's ****!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Love F1 I'ts not a sport for watching on TV, LIVE is the only way to watch it end of. I'd hazard a guess that most of the above people have never been to one. TV does not do the cars or engines justice.

As a spectator sport it ranks right up there with golf - absolutely pointless!!!

As for never having been to one, well I've never been to a ladies football match before - but I still know that it's ****!

LOL Off_it Thanks for making my point for me, seriously though, people who have not really been cannot in all honesty give a fair assessment. Although I will concede on the Ladies football comment :-)
  • It would probably be more exciting if they actually did some overtaking - but they just don't seem to anymore.

I mean, as it all comes down to pit stops these days they may as well make it a 10 lap race but only give them a couple of gallons of fuel - would save a lot of time!
  • Must be great watching twenty odd blurs flash past fifty times in the same order, then spending the next two days getting out of the car park, by which time some of your hearing may have come back... [;)]
  • This thread has got me reminiscing over Scalextrix (sp?)
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]This thread has got me reminiscing over Scalextrix (sp?)

Yeah, cos that was sh*te too in the end. After about 5 mins you could spot that one side of the track or one car was always that little bit quicker than the other so the result was always a bit of a foregone conclusion unless you put the faster one further back. It's what they should do now in Grand Prix. Would be a much more interesting race if all of the slow cars started at the front!
  • Then they could not stretch the whole shooting match out over three days...
  • all absolute pants,of which nascar is the king. there could not be a duller sport.