Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton & Dubai

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Hey everyone

I'm Back - wish I wasn't - wish I was still in Dubai

This pic got everyone talking on the beach, all of the footy fans that we spoke to wished us good luck for the coming season and hoped that we get back to the Prem quickly!

Couldn't wear the shirts for too long though considering it was 45 degrees that day!

x

Comments

• Options
    Hey thanks Stu - your help worked and here is the pic!

x
  • Options
    Couldn't wear the shirts too long, Maria?

You've got no trousers on either! ;-)
  • Options
    great pic!!! looks amazing out there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Couldn't wear the shirts too long, Maria?

You've got no trousers on either! ;-)

Nope under the shirt and towel was just a bikini!!!! Was way too hot for anything else.

x
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]great pic!!! looks amazing out there!

Suzi - It was mate - gutted to come home!
  • Options
    and im going bogner next week.
  • Options
    i'm going somewhere sunday....could be bognor!
  • Options
    nice one

Red ARMY
  • Options
    Not bad at all, I'll post a nice one of Phuket beach in the coming days! Flying in my Charton top as always just in case something tragic happens, just waiting for my flight to Bangkok sitting in Bahrain airport! Bring on the holidays!
  • Options
    Great stuff M,

if your going away this Summer take or shirt with you and post a pick up on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in Mumbles (near Swansea) a few weeks ago. We're walking back to the car after a meal when I look in the front room of this house we're passing.

Lo and behold, there sat watching the TV was a guy wearing last year's black away shirt!
  • Options
    "Bugger Bognor£...allegedly the last words of George V.
  • Options
    great pic
  • Options
    Welcome back Maria,
    Looks like you had a good time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Welcome back Maria,
    Looks like you had a good time

Oh I did and I would recommend it to everyone - but go in the next couple of years as they are building so much up in the city and around the marina that I fear that Dubai will over poplulate itself and unfortunatly spoil the country.

x
  • Options
    Going there later this year,looking forward to it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I was in Mumbles (near Swansea) a few weeks ago. We're walking back to the car after a meal when I look in the front room of this house we're passing.

Lo and behold, there sat watching the TV was a guy wearing last year's black away shirt!

Sure he wasn't a referee.....?
  • Options
    ....it looks a bit breezy?
  • Options
    Me and a mate played footie out there last year,very hard work in that heat
  • Options
    Oggy,

No, it was definitely our shirt. Out on the street, you can understand it a bit more, but the one house I look through the window of, there's our shirt! Spooky...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we went last year - the place is a building site. have quite a few friends who live out there, all moved over from hong kong for the work.

It made me laugh when i was trying to book our hotel for our next trip - its about 200 quid to cheaper to have a construction view room instead of seaview! tho i didnt opt for looking at cranes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I was in Mumbles (near Swansea) a few weeks ago. We're walking back to the car after a meal when I look in the front room of this house we're passing.

I saw someone wearing a Charlton shirt in Mumbles last year. On the way back from a rain sodden Lake District on Saturday (yes a day early!) stopped of at Morecambe - only saw one adult in a football shirt and it was a Charlton one. First Mumbles, now Morecambe, next stop Montrose. We are taking over the world.
    Probably.
  • Options
    Totally Agree B - Thankfully where we were staying was away from the building work but you could see the crains in the distance from the beach.

[cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]....it looks a bit breezy?

It was that day and you needed it as it was so hot that without it you wouldn't have been able to go outside.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    We stayed in the same complex as Maria on Jumeriah Beach, thankfully free of any construction work.

The most amazing building site was the Burj Dubai... apparently going to be a 150 floor tower. Compare that with Canary Wharf's 50 floors...
  • Options
    my mate is QS'ing on that one i think. you'd get sick going up that high wouldnt you.
  • Options
    My ears used to pop going to the 49th.... think they'd implode by the 100th!

Wouldn't want to work somewhere like that either. Fire drills used to take about 15 mins to get out of the CW tower, and that was long enough.
  • Options
    Did you also notice out there Medders - not a scaffold in sight or a hard hat - jeez heath and safety is non existent!!
  • Options
    Looks lush! Maria
  • Options
    When I was in Oz I saw several people wearing CAFC shirts, and one of them I sat next to for Operation Riverside...could say its a small world!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Did you also notice out there Medders - not a scaffold in sight or a hard hat - jeez heath and safety is non existent!!

Yep, and they get things built in a fraction of the time it takes us... Different world out there.