Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard on Talksport today [18/3/21]

edited March 2021 in General Charlton
Thomas on very soon

Comments

• On now
  • Simon saying a very good appointment. 
  • edited March 2021
    Can thank ESI for Bowyer jumping ship with us getting no compensation. Crazy how those muppets were allowed anywhere near a football club. Cheers Roland! 
  • I tuned in too late. Anyone got a link to the bit with TS?

Jim White likes TS - I don't normally agree with JW! But I keep agreeing with SJ which I am slowly getting used to!
  • I tuned in too late. Anyone got a link to the bit with TS?

Jim White likes TS - I don't normally agree with JW! But I keep agreeing with SJ which I am slowly getting used to!
    Will be on the TS website in an hour i'd guess
  • Bowyer & Sandgaard were both on TalkSport this morning, Bowyer pre-recorded & Thomas live, interesting listening to them both.
    Thomas said he had been drawing up a list of possible replacements for Lee for the last six to eight weeks.
    Somebody linked to the previous owners has contacted Jim White & said that Charlton were entitled to compensation from Birmingham & Thomas is lying.
    I will put a link up to the conversations with Bowyer & Sandgaard when they become available, normally about 13.15.
  • clive said:
    Bowyer & Sandgaard were both on TalkSport this morning, Bowyer pre-recorded & Thomas live, interesting listening to them both.
    Thomas said he had been drawing up a list of possible replacements for Lee for the last six to eight weeks.
    Somebody linked to the previous owners has contacted Jim White & said that Charlton were entitled to compensation from Birmingham & Thomas is lying.
    I will put a link up to the conversations with Bowyer & Sandgaard when they become available, normally about 13.15.
    What am I missing here? If the club are entitled to compo from Birmingham why is Thomas lying about it?
  • edited March 2021
    Perhaps because the contract was made with ESI and they somehow believe they would be entitled to the compensation? If true then you wouldn’t put it past Thomas to say to Brum...don’t worry about the pay off ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Bowyer & Sandgaard were both on TalkSport this morning, Bowyer pre-recorded & Thomas live, interesting listening to them both.
    What am I missing here? If the club are entitled to compo from Birmingham why is Thomas lying about it?
    Thomas stated that we were not entitled to compensation due to the contract drawn up by the previous owners.
  • Valley11 said:
    Perhaps because the contract was made with ESI and they somehow believe they would be entitled to the compensation? If true then you wouldn’t put it past Thomas to say to Brum...don’t worry about the pay off ;-)
    It's a nice thought.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I tuned in too late. Anyone got a link to the bit with TS?

Will be on the TS website in an hour i'd guess
    He has his own website?
    Link please? Don't mind where from!   B)

• Simon saying a very good appointment. 
    Changes his bloody tune on a whim, he was slagging the "decision" about Bowyers departure off literally earlier this same week.

He occasionally talks some sense but once a Nigel, always a Nigel (newest manager excepted of course!)
  • edited March 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Simon saying a very good appointment. 
    Changes his bloody tune on a whim, he was slagging the "decision" about Bowyers departure off literally earlier this same week.

He occasionally talks some sense but once a Nigel, always a Nigel (newest manager excepted of course!)
    He can query the Bowyer decision and still consider Adkins a decent replacement surely?
    Don’t you dare stick up for that man! 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• IF its true that Bowyer's contract allowed for compensation, I interpret TS denial of the clause as covering that he was already looking to get Adkin in and didn't want to put the Brum move off.
    Much cheaper than paying compo to out Bow. 
  • No compensation but on the other hand no payoff. It's a wash and Thomas gets his appointment. JJ stays as we. Only one I feel a little sorry for is Euell as thought maybe he should have been brought into the fold.
  • thenewbie said:
    Simon saying a very good appointment. 

He can query the Bowyer decision and still consider Adkins a decent replacement surely?
    Probably. I just feel a bit dirty if I agree with Simon Bloody Jordan too often. Doesn't sit right with me.... ;)
  • clive said:
    Bowyer chat starts at about 9.00 minutes
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1616061600/1616065200/

Sandgaard chat starts at about 22.00 minutes

Jordan & white discuss the situation starts at about 4.00 minutes
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1616061600/1616067000/
    @PrincessFiona
  • Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:
    Bowyer chat starts at about 9.00 minutes