Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 March 2021

edited March 2021 in General Charlton
So may I introduce to you, our new manager ........ (drum roll) Mister Adkins. Remember, he has no christian name. Verboten. :smile:
Okay then, we'll call him Nads. He said: "It's wonderful to be here. It's certainly a thrill ...."

Meanwhile, a trip to New Plough Lane should bring everybody back to earth.
There's a little run building nicely, a little momentum (as Curbs would say) ....... but we know what struggling clubs have done to us all season. No room for complacency.

Ryan and Adam Matthews not ready. Everybody else apparently fit and available.

Unchanged!

Charlton: Amos; Gunter, Famewo, Pearce (C), Maatsen; Morgan, Forster-Caskey, Shinnie, Millar; Stockley, Washington

Substitutes: Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Deji Oshilaja, Darren Pratley, Ben Watson, Diallang Jaiyesimi, Chuks Aneke and Ronnie Schwartz

Will it be a sell out crowd? Only virtually. Bound to be lots of interest today:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

Valley Pass, 2.15pm: Charlton TV ...... The Scott Minto Show, hosted by Scotty and starring Charlton legends Curbs and ex-skipper and centre back Simon Webster.
Remember his stunning last minute winner v Bristol City in 1990-something? Brought the house down.

Commentary with Terry & Greg + Steve Brown to point out all our defensive frailties.

COYR!

Comments

• We are gonna do this... 

3-1... To the reds... One will have the air of Mickey Bennett about it, you watch... 

😂😂
  • I wanna be ballsy and say innis on the bench for today but maybe that's too hopeful 
  • edited March 2021
    Looking forward to seeing the line up in five mins. 
  • Afternoon Oggy and all the matchday crew.

Fingers crossed for today. I’ve put Charlton in my acca so feel free to try and get refunds on your match passes now!
  • edited March 2021
    Adam Matthews is in the squad, as is Inniss!! :open_mouth:

• Sponsored links:

• Unchanged from Tuesday 
  • Unchanged team
  • edited March 2021
    No Pratley or Watson :) I'm not sure how Millar still keeps his first-team place. Ho hum.
  • edited March 2021
  • edited March 2021
    Assuming this is a 4-3-1-2/4-4-2D

Amos
    Gunter Famewo Pearce Maatsen
    Morgan F.Caskey Shinnie
    Millar
    Washington Stockley
  • Surprised Matthews isn't in the squad at all, in the photos the club put up earlier, his shirt was hanging up as if he would be in the squad
  • Chunes said:
    No Pratley or Watson. :) I'm not sure how Millar still keeps his first-team place. Ho hum.
    On the bench
  • I've  got a feeling Morgan is going to play well today 
  • Looks like Watson and Pratley may have to get used to that bench
  • Sponsored links:

• That's fantastic an unchanged team from Tuesday. Gives stability and keeps the momentum going. 3-0 or 3-1 victory incoming 😁
  • I’d be grateful is somebody could post the team.
  • I’d have been tempted to start with the team that got us back to 3-2 in the second half midweek. Build on that momentum. Not sure Millar deserves another start ahead of DJ, for example. Overall though, happy to see no revolution. 
  • I’d have been tempted to start with the team that got us back to 3-2 in the second half midweek. Build on that momentum. Not sure Millar deserves another start ahead of DJ, for example. Overall though, happy to see no revolution. 
    I think its sensible letting Millar start, he wasnt happy being subbed which was good to see, so hopefully he'll respond to that moment - If he doesnt then Jaiyesimi is waiting in the wings
  • LTKapal said:
    I wanna be ballsy and say innis on the bench for today but maybe that's too hopeful 
    Yeah, especially as Inniss is pencilled in to return on 2nd April.  :wink:

• Either that or he has had a kick up the backside since Tuesday and shone in training. Possible!
    I think its sensible letting Millar start, he wasnt happy being subbed which was good to see, so hopefully he'll respond to that moment - If he doesnt then Jaiyesimi is waiting in the wings
    Yeah, it's good man management for me. He's been subbed early last game, was not happy, so go out today and show what you can do.

We all know he has quality, and if it clicks for him, he will create lots of chances for us. 
  • Afternoon Oggy and all the matchday crew.

Fingers crossed for today. I’ve put Charlton in my acca so feel free to try and get refunds on your match passes now!
    Afternoon, Gaffer. The show is on the road. Everybody feeling hopeful, if not confident!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!