Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gather Town

One of MsAA co-workers keeps on about it, trying to get the other staff to use it.  None of them is interested and MsAA is wondering if they're being a bit rude by ignoring the other person's requests but they just don't see the point.

So, has anybody here used it?  If so, why?  What do you get out of it?  Is there anything more to it than just a visual layer on top of something like WhatsApp?

Comments

• Options
    It just looks like Pokemon Zoom...?
  • Options
    It's basically Zoom with a stupid interface that is supposed to 'help collaboration', but in actual fact delivers no real benefit whatsoever. It might have been worthwhile right at the beginning of the pandemic if her company hadn't already standardised on a video calling/collaboration app, and fancied using something a bit different that caused them a load of problems when they tried to meet with third parties (because nobody else would be stupid enough to use something that looked like it was designed by a software developer on 'bring your child to work day') but if they haven't done that a year later I think it's a bit late to bother now 😏
  • Options
    It's basically Zoom with a stupid interface that is supposed to 'help collaboration', but in actual fact delivers no real benefit whatsoever. It might have been worthwhile right at the beginning of the pandemic if her company hadn't already standardised on a video calling/collaboration app, and fancied using something a bit different that caused them a load of problems when they tried to meet with third parties (because nobody else would be stupid enough to use something that looked like it was designed by a software developer on 'bring your child to work day') but if they haven't done that a year later I think it's a bit late to bother now 😏
    That's what I thought when MsAA explained it to me.