Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Do We Keep Hitting The Bar?

I don’t know how many times we’re  up to this season for hitting the woodwork, must be nearly 20 times? which sounds really high, (maybe that is about normal)

I just wondered if it was because of lockdown the players haven’t been able to have eye tests?

Comments

• Options
    I don’t know how many times we’re  up to this season for hitting the woodwork, must be nearly 20 times? which sounds really high, (maybe that is about normal)

I just wondered if it was because of lockdown the players haven’t been able to have eye tests?
    Suggestion is 16, I am certain it was 20 with Aneke's last.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

= 20 shots off target.  Doesn’t matter really if you hit the post, bar or row Z 
  • Options
    Surely time to move the woodwork...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

= 20 shots off target.  Doesn’t matter really if you hit the post, bar or row Z 
    Agree, but post is as agonisingly close as you can get and can result in a goal by being a few millimeters towards the inside edge of a post. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Surely time to move the woodwork...
    Aaaahhh, a cunning plan Baldrick would be proud of that one ;)
  • Options
    It’s the only way I can cope with supporting Charlton.
  • Options
    Because we're ever so slightly just the teeny tiniest bit completely shit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe we need to kick it lower?

• Options

Why haven’t they been able to have eye tests ? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Always hitting the post/bar.

Most red and yellow cards in division.

Never get the penalties we deserve.

Everybody scores belters against us.

....all signs of a mistake and excuse filled season.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Why haven’t they been able to have eye tests ? 
    Are opticians open?

Perhaps I need to get my eyes tested!
  • Options
    If all the shots that hit the bar had been an inch or two higher, this thread wouldn't have existed. We're lucky that our strikers are reasonably accurate.
  • Options
    This lockdown has been too long, no wonder. I would hit the bar as often as possible if i could... 

(dad joke) i'll get my coat
  • Options
    Adkins needs to say, 'Chucks, whatever you do, try and hit the bar every time you have a shot.' Hey presto, every shot flies into the back of the net.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Adkins needs to say, 'Chucks, whatever you do, try and hit the bar every time you have a shot.' Hey presto, every shot flies into the back of the net.
    Presumably, Chuks aims to get shots under the bar but has a margin of error that means it goes a bit higher and hits the bar. If Adkins advises Chuks to hit the bar, it would, by that logic, go over the bar. This would spare us much angst, but, surely, Adkins needs to tell Chuks to aim a couple feet under the bar so that with his (known) margin of error, it creeps in under the bar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe it is an ancient incantation or hex placed upon every player for Charlton by a wizard called Pardew who, pissed off by a failed brief relationship with a lollipop lady in Floyd Road, deemed that in the very rare event of one of our forwards shooting on sight, the frame of the goal would shrink or enlarge to ensure no goal was scored!

Or i may of dreamt that...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    There is nothing wrong with hitting the bar.
    A shame the boozers are closed at present, that is all.
  • Options
    cafcdog said:
    Bring in a new law for 0.5 of a goal for hitting the woodwork

It would be a decent idea as a decider for drawn matches after extra time.
  • Options
    cafcdog said:
    Bring in a new law for 0.5 of a goal for hitting the woodwork

It would be a decent idea as a decider for drawn matches after extra time.
    And the parasite grasping pocket liners at the FA can monetise it as well by insisting that technology is involved and getting some firm to pay for the privilege of providing the mechanics for yet more pointless self-defeating interruptions to the game - cos y'know V.A.R.'s been a raving success, innit?
    When the even worse crooks at FIFA get wind this will be in by summer '22 at the latest