Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID outbreak at Lincoln City - game rearranged for 4th May at 7pm (p5)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Thing is yes Lincoln cant train (and was something I actually defended Peterborough over)

But in hindsight, it doesnt mean they're losing fitness, I'd be surprised if each player (without COVID) isnt expected to keep up the necessary levels set out by the club when the training ground was closed, they just wont have to deal with the high tempo and requirements of an actual match.

Its the murky world of Football where we dont get to hear who is out with COVID but I'd also be curious to know who the players themselves are, it shouldnt matter as they need to shut down the training ground to restrict the spread of the virus but is it starting eleven players, or even kids who have barely played so when Lincoln do get back to playing, arent going to have an impact on the First Team anyway.

Of course as Football fans we dont have the right to know everything going on.

But Football has proven with the FIFA scandal etc. that there is a massive trust problem, and nothing is being done to fix that
  • Options
    Thing is yes Lincoln cant train (and was something I actually defended Peterborough over)

But in hindsight, it doesnt mean they're losing fitness, I'd be surprised if each player (without COVID) isnt expected to keep up the necessary levels set out by the club when the training ground was closed, they just wont have to deal with the high tempo and requirements of an actual match.

Its the murky world of Football where we dont get to hear who is out with COVID but I'd also be curious to know who the players themselves are, it shouldnt matter as they need to shut down the training ground to restrict the spread of the virus but is it starting eleven players, or even kids who have barely played so when Lincoln do get back to playing, arent going to have an impact on the First Team anyway.

But Football has proven with the FIFA scandal etc. that there is a massive trust problem, and nothing is being done to fix that
    We might not have the right to know, but I feel more clarity is needed if a game is called off when the 10 day protocol had not been adhered to. Either its 10 days or it's not. None of this "well, they still have to train" rubbish. If so, where do you draw the line....12 days ? 14 ?  A week after  ?  As had been mentioned in other threads (ending a season on PPG for example) I bet there is nothing in the EFL "rules" that says a team needs to have a set number of "training days" before a game. It's all just make it up as you go along......and its shit. 
  • Options
    As others have said it's not like their players wouldn't have still been doing their own personal training, out jogging etc. I doubt they'd all be turning up this week as fat messes just because their training ground was closed for a few days.

Absolutely no reason why the game couldn't have been shifted to tonight.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Just as an aside with this discussion about we could have switched it to Wednesday, don't forget we have a big game Saturday with Sunderland involving travel etc, what would have been two days later, and with that in mind maybe it was us who didn't want it switched to tonight, suits us to leave it till 4th May.
  • Options
    These are professional athletes, they'll be fine after a couple of weeks off. Even if they chose not to keep up their own training.
  • Options
    Just as an aside with this discussion about we could have switched it to Wednesday, don't forget we have a big game Saturday with Sunderland involving travel etc, what would have been two days later, and with that in mind maybe it was us who didn't want it switched to tonight, suits us to leave it till 4th May.
    Agreed Saturday is a big game, but it’s more important to get 3 points from Lincoln than any points against Sunderland. 
  • Options
    Agreed Saturday is a big game, but it’s more important to get 3 points from Lincoln than any points against Sunderland. 
    And it leaves us really vulnerable at the end of the season to having to play 4 games in 8 days if another game is postponed
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Just waiting for Golfie to come on with the "I told you so"
    He had a point all along. Agree with the above, they’re cheats. 
    Thank you. I now feel vindicated.

Positive tests date back to March 27th. 10 day rule finished yesterday. No reason they couldn't play us.....but no, its Golfie who is acting a baby over all this.

We were done like a kipper by Peterbough & once again by Lincoln. 

Dont know why Chris Parkes accepted the postponement in the first place. As I said at the start of this it all smelt fishy. 

Was their training ground closed for 10 days? If so surely they can't be expected to then play a fixture with 0 days training and preparation. 
    I don't really see why not? Is there something in the EFL rules that says you have to have at least a day of training before a game?

If we have one more postponement towards the end of the season then we'll have to play Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday because of this Lincoln postponement. That means we'll have 0 days training between those games.
    I'm not sure what the rules are especially when it comes to Covid postponements. I totally understand what you are saying about playing quick games in succession, but that's a theoretical and currently highly unlikely scenario which could just as much effect Lincoln (who people believe are cooking the books for their benifit) as much as it would us.

The way I see it is if our training ground was shut for 10 days due to a Covid outbreak, and then the day it opened we were expected to play a fixture that evening I'd think that was hugely unfair. 
    To me the training ground closure is a red herring. Three players allegedly tested and failed. They should self isolate, the rest should play on. 

The players that are in can have as many tests as they want to confirm that it is safe, and they would have been tested as part of the regular testing program.
    It was supposed to be the regular testing that excused them from all going into isolation if a person caught it. 
    Fans deserve to hear from the EFL as to what is going on. Why did they suddenly do their ‘own’ testing? Who validated the tests? what is the criteria for calling off matches? 
    I completely agree that transparency during these times would certainly give clarity to a situation such as this. 

For example you mention three players allegedly tested positive, but when I do a quick Google search it claims it was 'a number of players and staff' and of 'some concern to public health Lincolnshire'. I understand the need to not name specific people, and give out too many details, but lack of specifics gives rise to uncertainty and resentment like this.

I still don't really think that this is the grand conspiracy that some seem to think it is, all in the name of essentially hoping that one player is back from fitness. Lincoln will now have to play 9 games in 4 weeks which is not really what you want to be doing at the backend of the season with further play off games potentially to be played. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We might not have the right to know, but I feel more clarity is needed if a game is called off when the 10 day protocol had not been adhered to. Either its 10 days or it's not. None of this "well, they still have to train" rubbish. If so, where do you draw the line....12 days ? 14 ?  A week after  ?  As had been mentioned in other threads (ending a season on PPG for example) I bet there is nothing in the EFL "rules" that says a team needs to have a set number of "training days" before a game. It's all just make it up as you go along......and its shit. 
    Arrange these six words into a well known phrase or saying.

A with dog a like bone.😌
  • Options
    A like bone with a dog?  ;)
  • Options
    A like bone with a dog?  ;)
    Cigar no close but.😎
  • Options

Arrange these six words into a well known phrase or saying.

A with dog a like bone.😌
    Like a dog with a boner?
  • Options
    Chris Parkes has 30+ years experience of being a club secretary. If either Lincoln and Peterborough are in breach of any EFL rules im sure we would have raised them.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Chris Parkes has 30+ years experience of being a club secretary. If either Lincoln and Peterborough are in breach of any EFL rules im sure we would have raised them.
    I'm not sure any of these Covid related postponements come under normal EFL rules though, as players having to self isolate is a unique factor. If Lincoln had lost 3 players to an outbreak of Flu, they would still have to play on

Thus a lot comes down to what the clubs themselves say, and it's impossible for other parties to know whether they are being entirely truthful
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    I'm not sure any of these Covid related postponements come under normal EFL rules though, as players having to self isolate is a unique factor. If Lincoln had lost 3 players to an outbreak of Flu, they would still have to play on

Thus a lot comes down to what the clubs themselves say, and it's impossible for other parties to know whether they are being entirely truthful
    All these postponements are ‘investigated’ by the EFL. Has anyone heard a result of any of these? 
    What is so secret? I am not expecting names, just what happened, the context, why the decision was made and if it was considered reasonable and why.
    It has to open up.
    They also need to get themselves more flexible sanctions to cover themselves and ensure that teams postponing games don’t end up advantaged.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Redrobo said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

All these postponements are ‘investigated’ by the EFL. Has anyone heard a result of any of these? 
    What is so secret? I am not expecting names, just what happened, the context, why the decision was made and if it was considered reasonable and why.
    It has to open up.
    They also need to get themselves more flexible sanctions to cover themselves and ensure that teams postponing games don’t end up advantaged.
    Agree with this, as I posted above, a little more clarity would stop conspiracy theories such as this and let fans just concentrate on the football game. 

Though I will once once again mention that I can't see how Lincoln have been advantaged by this move where they now have to play 9 games in 4 weeks with what is the smallest squad out of any of the promotion rivals (according to transfermarkt).

They have to play Hull at home then Shrewsbury, Peterborough, and Charlton all away from home in the space of a week. Considering how much managers have complained about congested fixtures, fatigue, and injuries, do people really think that a team looking to end in the play offs would purposely put themselves in this position on the off chance they may have a fully fit squad, no other games get delayed, and their form turns around? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Yes, this is the man who publicly told staff and fans the club was in safe hands and not going out of business under Eliot and Farnell.
    Yeah, probably wasn't coerced at all.