Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Were your details leaked in Facebook data breach?

People can now enter their phone numbers into a website to see if they appeared in a recent Facebook data breach.

Details of more than 530 million people were leaked in a database online, largely consisting of mobile numbers.

People can use the Have I Been Pwned online tool to check if their numbers or emails were compromised.

Facebook says the data is from an “old” breach in 2019 but privacy watchdogs are now investigating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56650387

Comments

• That website has been providing an amazing service completely free of charge for about ten years now, and is used by numerous threat Intel companies and products

You're right to be paranoid a lot of the time... But not in this case 😊
  • That website has been providing an amazing service completely free of charge for about ten years now, and is used by numerous threat Intel companies and products

I was joking. I doubt the BBC would publicise a fraudster. 

How do you find out what sites etc if it says you have been pwned?

How do you find out what sites etc if it says you have been pwned?
    It's all listed. Give it a try 
  • I use that website all of the time. My data has been compromised on a few occasions mostly notably through LinkedIn and MyFitnessPal. If your data has been compromised, just make sure you change passwords