Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Sunderland v Charlton (closes Monday brekkers)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Amos: 9
    Matthews: 7.5
    Innis: 8
    Pearce: 8 
    Purrington: 7
    F-C: 7.5
    Pratley: 7 
    Gilbey: 7.5
    Maatsen: 7 
    Stockley: 8
    Jaiyesimi: 7.5 
    Millar: 6

Referee: 6
  • Options
    your marks please: 

Amos:   8.5
    Matthews: 7
    Innis:   8
    Pearce:   7
    Pratley:  7.5
    Gilbey:   7.5
    Maatsen:  7
    Stockley:  7.5
    Jaiyesimi:  8
    Millar:   7
    Referee: 

Gunter: N/A

• Options
    Amos: 8
    Pearce: 7
    F-C: 7
    Pratley: 6
    Gilbey: 7
    Maatsen: 6
    Jaiyesimi: 7
  • Options
    Gilbey: 8
    Referee: 6
  • Options
    Amos: 9
    Matthews: 6
    Innis: 7
  • Options
    Amos: 8.5: MoTM - some excellent saves and commanded his area well
    Matthews: 7 - solid. Came under a lot of pressure from McGeady and others but coped well
    Innis: 8 - another dominant performance - and what an asset in our attacking set pieces
    Pearce: 8 - another fine performance, deploying all his experience and animal cunning
    Purrington: 7 - another solid turn. We look far more secure with Ben back in the side and his height and ability in the air is a further bonus
    F-C: 7 - less dominant than in recent weeks but knitted things together well and his set plays were good
    Pratley: 7 - other than one potentially costly blunder, he broke up play well and helped stifle the opposition
    Gilbey: 7 - covered a lot of ground and his late and well-timed runs into the box will hopefully bring us more goals
    Maatsen: 6.5 - had a very good start to the game and his pace and energy are big assets. I hope the knock doesn't keep him out
    Stockley: 7.5 - imperious in the air. Hopefully Washington will be back soon to feed off some of his flicks. Worked tremendously hard and was unsurprisingly leggy at the end - Chuks would probably have been introduced late on had he been available on the bench
    Jaiyesimi: 7 - a very clever and skilful player with big potential to improve further
    Millar: 7 - helped get us up the pitch 
    Referee: 6 - didn't notice him too much. Pleased that he missed Pearcey's little tug on the defender for the first goal
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Amos: 8. Loses a point for their goal . Would have been a 9 otherwise
    Matthews: 8 I like Adam a lot for his performances last season . Beginning to look like that player again . Made some vital clearances against his old club  .
    Innis: 9 Defensively we look very different when Ryan plays . An extra point for his role in our first goal 
    Pearce: 8 The Warrior Pearce is back . Good that we haven't risked Fanewo . We will need to rotate in the run in  
    Purrington: 7 He is a very good L1 Left Back and has made us look solid
    F-C: 8 Held things together well . 
    Pratley: 7 Loses a point for the mistake in the first half otherwise faultless 
    Gilbey: 8 Starting to look like the player that we all hoped he would be . Great that he scored 
    Maatsen: 6. Prefer him up front . Always useful to have a naturally left sided player to give balance 
    Stockley: 7. Great in the air . Especially at set plays the Mackems must have despaired to see him and Ryan lining up 
    Jaiyesimi: 8 I like him . He made some effective contributions 
    Millar: 7 A better cameo than at Donny  
    Gunter Helped see the game out .
  • Options
    Amos: 8.5
    Matthews: 8
    Innis: 8.5
    Purrington: 8
    F-C: 8
    Pratley: 7.5
    Gilbey: 8.5
    Maatsen: 7.5
    Stockley: 8.5
    Jaiyesimi: 8
    Millar: 7
    Referee: 8
  • Options

Amos:  8
    Innis: 8.5
    F-C: 8
    Maatsen: 7
    Stockley: 9
    Jaiyesimi: 8
    Referee: 6 I can’t see how a player cheating by trying to punch the ball into the net does not get a yellow.

• Options
    Amos: 9 He won us the match.  A mistake for their goal, but even then he won his contest so would be harsh to knock him down a mark.
    Matthews: 7 Coped well with them targeting his side
    Innis: 7 Both he and Pearce were solid, but let Sunderland's non pacey forwards find space in the channels
    Pearce: 7  Ditto
    Purrington: 7 He defends zonally so much better than Maatsen.
    Pratley: 7  Committed.  Is always a definite starter for me
    Gilbey: 8  Maybe a 6.5 first half, but second half his energy and willingness to run was so impressive for someone just back.
    Maatsen: I do like Maatsen, he's full of talent but both defensively or offensively he doesn't sense the danger space he needs to occupy.  I can't for the life of me think that if we play this way Morgan is not on the bench.  Morgan is hugely more dynamic, and perfect to replace DJ or Ian.
    Stockley: 8 If someone else would run like Gilbey in the front 3, his play could make so many more chances.
    Jaiyesimi: 7  Less defensive threar down his side.  He's an outlet and the ball sticks, just needs to make a pass first time more often.
    Millar: 6 Go outside sometimes, but as always plenty of positive energy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Matthews: 6
    Innis: 7
    Pearce: 6
    Purrington: 6 
    Gilbey: 7
    Stockley: 6
    Jaiyesimi: 6
    Referee: 8

Gunter: N/A

• Options
    ColinTat said:
    Amos: 9 He won us the match.  A mistake for their goal, but even then he won his contest so would be harsh to knock him down a mark.
    Matthews: 7 Coped well with them targeting his side
    Innis: 7 Both he and Pearce were solid, but let Sunderland's non pacey forwards find space in the channels
    Pearce: 7  Ditto
    Purrington: 7 He defends zonally so much better than Maatsen.
    Pratley: 7  Committed.  Is always a definite starter for me
    Gilbey: 8  Maybe a 6.5 first half, but second half his energy and willingness to run was so impressive for someone just back.
    Maatsen: I do like Maatsen, he's full of talent but both defensively or offensively he doesn't sense the danger space he needs to occupy.  I can't for the life of me think that if we play this way Morgan is not on the bench.  Morgan is hugely more dynamic, and perfect to replace DJ or Ian.
    Stockley: 8 If someone else would run like Gilbey in the front 3, his play could make so many more chances.
    Jaiyesimi: 7  Less defensive threar down his side.  He's an outlet and the ball sticks, just needs to make a pass first time more often.
    Millar: 6 Go outside sometimes, but as always plenty of positive energy.
    Score?
  • Options
    Amos: 8.5
    Innis: 7.5
    Maatsen: 7.5